iPad 3G Has Been Hacked to Enable Full Phone and SMS Functionality!

rockymtnhigh said:
Because everyone wants to use their iPad as a phone. :D

I don't see this as being particularly useful. Only way I can imagine doing this is if my iPhone dies and I need to temporarily use the iPad as a substitute until I replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't see this as being particularly useful. Only way I can imagine doing this is if my iPhone dies and I need to temporarily use the iPad as a substitute until I replace it.

I should have used :rolleyes: as I thought that with sarcasm. ;)

I'd prefer that the iPad 2 finally be jail broken

Sent from my iPad2 using SatelliteGuys super groovy app

Its funny, but I don't even care. I don't see any compelling reason to jailbreak my iPad. I did turn developer mode on so I could access the gestures, but the thing works perfectly for me.

Damn, I am living happily inside the Apple ecosystem (he says while typing on his new macbook pro), what the heck has happened to me? Need an intervention. Stat! ;) :D

Because everyone wants to use their iPad as a phone. :D
I'd think this was a case more of "because we can" or "can we do it?".

I'm really surprised Apple included ALL of the needed hardware though. You'd think they'd leave out EVERYTHING they didn't need to save costs !

Its funny, but I don't even care. I don't see any compelling reason to jailbreak my iPad. I did turn developer mode on so I could access the gestures, but the thing works perfectly for me.

Damn, I am living happily inside the Apple ecosystem (he says while typing on his new macbook pro), what the heck has happened to me? Need an intervention. Stat! ;) :D

It is a pretty easy ecosystem to live in, isn't it? Apple's way of paying attention to the little things and esthetics just makes things better, imo. Well, as long as the apps you need/want are available and outside of a very few areas, that is becoming less an issue.

Another nice thing is that Apple gear tends to hold value longer, so if you want a new whatever from Apple (needed or not), you can mitigate the sometimes higher cost.

rockymtnhigh said:
I should have used :rolleyes: as I thought that with sarcasm. ;)

My appoints, I meant to quote the original post, not yours. I understood what your smiley meant.

I do. I use a fake location APP from Cydia so I am able to get around the MLB blackout rules

In large scale mfg, sometimes it is cheaper to just make a 'one size fits all' board...
Yeap, I've seen it both ways... I guess in the case of Apple, I was thinking of the iPhone vs iPod touch. Other than the camera (on older generation touch models) and a thicker case (for the iPhone - because of the camera, as I understand), everyone thought they could turn an iPod into an iPhone. It wasn't going to happen 'cause the components needed weren't in the iPod.

I agree with you. I don't have any desire to use my iPad 2 as a phone, nor do I think it's useful as a camera. I also have seen no compelling reason to jailbreak it or my iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts