iPAD sale date announced

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
iPAD goes on sale April 3rd. New predictions are that the iPAD may be Apple's first entry into enterprise markets as several industries are looking to build applications for the device. Lawyers and Doctors. The iPAD with wifi is said to be the most popular since most new users are considering it only for in house portable use. No 3G necessary. Apple is saying their mfg will be around 800K to 1M units per month by April and it will go on sale in 9 countries for starters.
Apple's stock skyrocketed today with the news of the release date being set.

Last edited:
I wonder if people will line up at stores at 3am waiting for the doors to open and spend some money on something new just because it has the name Apple on it ?

They plan to put them on the shelf to play with on March 10, next week. You'll be able to order any time. That will circumvent the hysteria and long lines, I hope.

I will hold off on the iPad and maybe even the next iPhone if flash support is kept off them. Given all the ranting by Jobs, I do not see it coming soon.

Just got back from visiting a couple Apple sales locations. I didn't go to the Apple store as that place is a zoo on weekends. When I asked about whether they were getting demo ipads on the 10th they said they didn't know but thought you couldn't buy one until the 3rd of April. One fellow actually went to the web site and discovered the date was the 12th of March they can begin to place orders for customers. He also told me they just received their class on it last Thursday and were given a preview of some stuff they aren't allowed to discuss until Apple distributes the first ipads. I pressured him a bit about video cameras and he said you will be able connect a camera but would not venture any details. He could have just been yanking my chain when he said look for a blue tooth webcam.

Hilarious graphic in the latest Wired Magazine, in the STRATEGIST/CHARTING THE WIRED WORLD:

What's on the iPad?

• Grainy Video, but bigger
  • Stuff your Palm Pilot did
  • Stuff your iPhone does
  • Desperate attempts to save print media
  • Apps for tweeting while pooping.

I burst out laughing when I read it (AND yes, I know its pretty much true for the 50-odd Android-based tablets coming out too).

Hilarious graphic in the latest Wired Magazine, in the STRATEGIST/CHARTING THE WIRED WORLD:

What's on the iPad?

• Grainy Video, but bigger
  • Stuff your Palm Pilot did
  • Stuff your iPhone does
  • Desperate attempts to save print media
  • Apps for tweeting while pooping.

I burst out laughing when I read it (AND yes, I know its pretty much true for the 50-odd Android-based tablets coming out too).
Funny stuff...:D I have no interest in the iPad, and I think it will be a sales disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)