iPad Screen Protectors.....

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I should have listened to lparsons21.;) While at the Post Exchange Saturday I bought a Griffin screen protector for my iPad for 15 bucks. What a piece of junk! Before attempting to install the screen protector I went to their site for instructions as there wasn't any in the package other than a couple of diagrams printed on the inside of the envelope that contained the film. Their site wasn't much help either. They did show a video of someone installing a face shield on an iPhone. After about 10 attempts to get the thing lined up correctly I finally had it in place. I noticed air bubbles that I couldn't get out, so I tried again with the same results. Then I noticed I had fingerprints embedded in the adhesive on the edges of the film and somehow a piece of lent or something right smack dab in the middle. I became so frustrated I balled it up and threw it in the trash. I understand that BB will install a Zagg Screen for 14 or 15 bucks after spending 30 bucks for the shield. No thanks. I do have a nice netbook carry case with a handle and is felt lined. I do want to order a scosche kickback P1 for it. Isn't the display made out of glass as opposed to plastic on the iPad anyway?

iPad does not need a screen protector. It is difficult to install without air bubbles and the glass is very difficult to scratch to begin with

Yes, the screen is glass on the iPad and supposedly a very scratch resistant type. Your experience with trying to put one on mirrors so many others it isn't even funny.

I got the Apple case for the iPad when I bought mine and can't say enough good things about it. It looks good and protects the iPad very well. My iPad hasn't been out of that case since I bought it.

The Apple case is a good product. Lightweight and has the flap to cover the screen.

However, my sister got me this case as an early Christmas present, and I simply love it: Amazon.com: Headcase Etch A Sketch Hard Case for iPad - Red: Electronics
I get more comments and second takes when using it in public. The case does not have a screen cover, but I haven't had any issues with scratches at all. I also think this case is a bit more shock resistant and the thicker border acts as protection against scratching.