iPhone 3G to 3GS Upgrade?

Funny, I have the Curve, too... but after seeing the iPhone in person, I kind of wish my company would take it away from me :)

Yep. The only reason I don't have an iPhone is because I get the Curve free through work too. :)

Not sure about T-Mobile to AT&T, but we transferred her number from VzW with no problems, and before that we transferred it to VzW from T-Mobile. There were a few hiccups on that one, but I don't know if it was because of T-Mobile or Verizon - either way, it was done in less than an hour.

I actually did the pre-qualification at apple.com and entered all of the information there for her old number as well as the credit check, and we were in and out of the apple store in less than 5 minutes (even though they were really busy) with her new phone, and she got a text message before we got home that her number had been successfully transferred.

You just have to give them the existing number, account number, etc. from the T-Mobile account - it's pretty easy.

Thanks for the tip. She ordered the phone online, so if we can't figure it out when it get's here, there is an Apple Sore and an at&t store within 1 mile of our house we can take it to for help.

I guess my next question would be, why pay $300 for something you don't think you're going to keep for 2 years...?

You could say the same thing to people that buy their dish and directv receivers as well.

Another reason that many people do this is that they can sub the phone to T-Mobile without having to have an AT&T account first. They won't let you buy one without signing up for service first. This way they can just put their SIM card from T-Mobile into the phone and they are up and running (there is more but you get the point).

Well I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 32GB 3GS today. After everything is all said and done I paid a whopping $20.18 in tax to get from 8GB to 32GB. Don't think that is to bad of a price for more storage and a faster phone.

Well I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 32GB 3GS today. After everything is all said and done I paid a whopping $20.18 in tax to get from 8GB to 32GB. Don't think that is to bad of a price for more storage and a faster phone.
How did you manage that?

You could say the same thing to people that buy their dish and directv receivers as well.

Another reason that many people do this is that they can sub the phone to T-Mobile without having to have an AT&T account first. They won't let you buy one without signing up for service first. This way they can just put their SIM card from T-Mobile into the phone and they are up and running (there is more but you get the point).

I thought the IPhone didn't have SIM cards?

Did the 2G model not have one? I could have sworn someone swore up and down they didn't have a SIM card in their iphone.

All iPhones have had SIM cards. Unless you read the instructions you really would never know where it is located.

All iPhones have had SIM cards. Unless you read the instructions you really would never know where it is located.
Yep...

For those that may not know. It is on the top of the phone. You have to use a little piece of wire to place in this little hole to open the sim card door.

iphone-sim-card.jpg

Iphone-3g-SIM-slot.jpg

I updated. I got the "early upgrade" of $399 but I sold my 3G on eBay for $350 so it worked pretty well! As for the upgrade, I'm glad I did it. Its a lot faster launching apps, the camera and video camera are great too. Voice control is great and in 3.1 it will work over bluetooth. All in all, I'm very glad I did it but like I said, it was pretty cheap in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts