IPhone 3Gs for $97

Cool! That means iPhone 4G must be around the corner! ;)

Also, the $99.00 8GB 3G has been officially removed from the Apple store, just means that the 3GS will soon be $99.00 when the 4G comes out.

Because its really a "high definition" phone. :rolleyes: I hate how all these companies mis-use the name HD.

Why not just iphone 4?

I agree it is misleading. But the use of a term does not necessarily mean it has a screen resolution that meets the HD standard. Heck there is something called HD radio and its ure is not HD resolution.

You mean the iPhone HD

I don't think they want to call it 4G since AT&T does not offer 4G service yet. :)
I am sure it won't be called 4G when it is released. But that's how everyone calls it on the Internet right now. iPhone 4G or iPhone HD. We should know the official name pretty soon I think. ;)

Because its really a "high definition" phone. :rolleyes: I hate how all these companies mis-use the name HD.

Well, technically the phone can be called "HD" even if it doesn't have HD-capable display at least in one of these two cases:

1. if it can capture video in HD resolution, or

2. if it can play HD video on an external display.

For example, I've got Zune HD media player and I think "HD" in its name is appropriate. Not only it can tune to HD radio ;) but it can also play HD video via HDMI.

Anyway, we should know the name and the features of the new iPhone tomorrow!

Well, technically the phone can be called "HD" even if it doesn't have HD-capable display at least in one of these two cases:

1. if it can capture video in HD resolution, or

2. if it can play HD video on an external display.

For example, I've got Zune HD media player and I think "HD" in its name is appropriate. Not only it can tune to HD radio ;) but it can also play HD video via HDMI.

Anyway, we should know the name and the features of the new iPhone tomorrow!

Technically they could have called it HD even without those features. Those two letters do not necessarily meqan HD video.

Technically they could have called it HD even without those features. Those two letters do not necessarily meqan HD video.
True, but then it becomes misleading.
I am glad the official name is iPhone 4. Plain and simple!

True, but then it becomes misleading.
Why is HD on a phone misleading? When GM started putting SS on some of their cars I wasn't mislead into believing that it was some sort of Nazi car. I never got the Baretta car and handguns confused either. I used to have a can opener called a P-38 and I never once thought it was a WWII Fighter Plane.

Why is HD on a phone misleading? When GM started putting SS on some of their cars I wasn't mislead into believing that it was some sort of Nazi car. I never got the Baretta car and handguns confused either. I used to have a can opener called a P-38 and I never once thought it was a WWII Fighter Plane.
It's all about context. When you buy a video-capable gadget that has "HD" in its name you assume that it stands for High Definition. If it stands for anything else - that would be misleading.
When you buy a heavy-duty truck and you see HD on it you don't assume it stands for High Definition. So, this is not misleading. :)

It's all about context. When you buy a video-capable gadget that has "HD" in its name you assume that it stands for High Definition. If it stands for anything else - that would be misleading.
When you buy a heavy-duty truck and you see HD on it you don't assume it stands for High Definition. So, this is not misleading. :)
Oh man...You mean those Chevy trucks don't really have better PQ than the others? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)