iPhone 4.0 OS To Be Announced

Coming to the iPad this fall.

Older iPhones and iTouches will be out of luck.

"We are releasing it for end users for iPhone and iPod touch for users this summer. For the 3GS and iPod touch 3rd gen. And, for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen, they will run many things... but there are some things they won't run, like multitasking."

This is a little confusing. Are they saying that the 3rd AND 2nd generation will not do multitasking, or just the 2nd generation? They put an AND between both sentences.

"We are releasing it for end users for iPhone and iPod touch for users this summer. For the 3GS and iPod touch 3rd gen. And, for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen, they will run many things... but there are some things they won't run, like multitasking."

This is a little confusing. Are they saying that the 3rd AND 2nd generation will not do multitasking, or just the 2nd generation? They put an AND between both sentences.

iPhone 3G and 2nd gen iPod touch will not multitask.

Haven't seen this mentioned, but hostilities between Apple and everybody else are taken on a higher level (with this release):
Apple takes aim at Adobe... or Android?

Diogen.

Reason #124 to not want to be locked into the Apple itunes App store.

Interesting strategy - make it harder for people to develop apps cross-platforms. The classic Apple way. But hey, Apple's products are magical. Its the poisoned apple juice speaking. :rolleyes:

...make it harder for people to develop apps cross-platforms.
That is most likely the goal...
And Apple is convinced that when facing a choice between iPhone and another platform, developers will stick with Apple.
Introducing iAd had probably contributed to this stance...

This actually makes the rumors about Apple and Microsoft cozying up very theoretical...

Diogen.

EDIT: Apple didn't like this news
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/android-market-gets-9-000-new-apps-in-march-world-domination-ca/

Last edited:
That is most likely the goal...
And Apple is convinced that when facing a choice between iPhone and another platform, developers will stick with Apple.
Introducing iAd had probably contributed to this stance...

This actually makes the rumors about Apple and Microsoft cozying up very theoretical...

Diogen.

EDIT: Apple didn't like this news
Android Market gets 9,000 new apps in March, world domination can't be far behind -- Engadget

I am sure Apple did not like that news. :)

I am not convinced developers will just stick with Apple as Android's market share continues to increase.

Adobe says they're done trying to get Flash onto iProducts, and will focus on the Android platform, they'll support the tools recently released that Apple has banned, but will put no effort into further development to improve them.

Adobe to Give Up On iPhone Development Tools (Phone Scoop)

Not a surprise. Jobs does not want them and they do not want Apple's iproducts.

On a side note. I went ahead and did a "unjailbreak" last night on my iPhone. I tried to download blacksnow to tether on my iPhone with my iPad and it ended up not recognizing my home wifi. Now waiting for 4.0 so I can run some apps in the background again. The other reason was for Sling on 3G but that has already been addressed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)