iPhone 4 screen vs earlier iPhone screens

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
For people that have had both the iPhone 4 and some earlier version, or are otherwise familiar with both screens - what are your impressions?

Does the new screen really make much difference? I'm happy with the 3GS screen, not sure what there is to be gained.

I'm just curious, I have no plans to up to a 4.

And that's what I needed to hear. I wondered what the new display was for- video? Or just bragging rights.

The 4's screen is really remarkable. Easily the best screen out there and you will definitely notice it when you use something that is not an iPhone 4. I've been using the iPad quite a bit and when I have to do something on the iPhone the difference is really noticeable.

I really hope the next version of the iPad gets the retina display. Not sure if the cost would be feasible at this point though

I concur. It's the one feature that makes this phone a "keeper" for me. I use my iPhone 4 for reading work e-mails and I can read font sizes that are fuzzy blurs on the iPod Touch. The same holds true for reading iBooks. When you think about the HP LaserJets that printed at 300 dpi and how amazing that output looked compared to dot-matrix printers, it's like that. Only in color!

Watching HD videos from YouTube or locally is much clearer. I think the contrast ratio is higher, too. It's something that you need to see in person.

Obviously, if AT&T sucks in your area, look elsewhere. If you have an iPhone 3GS, I don't know that it's a cost-effective upgrade. But since I came from a Motorola RAZR 3vxx, there's no comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)