4 screen PIP, switches to 4k just fine, crashing h3 exiting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
strange, not sure what the issue was yesterday. i was watching a dvr, and did the 4 screen pip, resolution changed to 4k looked great. when i went to either turn off pip, or select 1 of the boxes, the box immediately rebooted. I did this twice, then gave up. The screen goes black, like a resolution change, but i can see the network drop off, so i know its rebooting. these are alll dish channels or dvr, no ota. (i do have the ota but pay for locals also)
has anyone else seen anything like this ??

strange, not sure what the issue was yesterday. i was watching a dvr, and did the 4 screen pip, resolution changed to 4k looked great. when i went to either turn off pip, or select 1 of the boxes, the box immediately rebooted. I did this twice, then gave up. The screen goes black, like a resolution change, but i can see the network drop off, so i know its rebooting. these are alll dish channels or dvr, no ota. (i do have the ota but pay for locals also)
has anyone else seen anything like this ??

It has always done that on ours. If I have Multi activated and then go to a DVRed program then try to expand, BOOM-REBOOT. It also does it when I've skipped back on a live program and decide to go full screen.
My favorite feature on the H3 is Multi-View. Only wish it was available on my 4KJ boxes.

It has always done that on ours. If I have Multi activated and then go to a DVRed program then try to expand, BOOM-REBOOT. It also does it when I've skipped back on a live program and decide to go full screen.
My favorite feature on the H3 is Multi-View. Only wish it was available on my 4KJ boxes.
Yes, the regular two-channel PIP was originally announced as one of the features that the 4K Joey was supposed to support. They never got around to adding that, either. :(

Reactions: LQQK
well, i swapped my splitter, made the h3 no longer seeing 4k, 4 screen wasn't 4k for testing. Once it still crashed. Another time after exiting, i lost any pip, small, swap, nothing. unplugged the h3, then swapped my 4k splitter back in (it reads the capability from my main 4k tv, then is able to also output the second leg as 1080p for my office and bathroom) its been working with 4k 4 screen, i did get a resync touching the arrow once, when the red boarder becomes bigger and brighter.
its great when it works, watching a dvr show say in the bottom right, 3 screens to monitor and easily swap audio to.
seems its glitchy, its easy to see when it reboots, i have a gig switch in that location, and the h3 light drops off right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts