iPhone 7 rumors

If the rumor is true and no more phone jack, think of your alternative- No more iphone upgrades forever? That's the future.
No, I didn't mean it that way! :)
What I am saying is that if iPhone 7 has no phone jack, I will likely skip the 7 and will wait for at least another year for iPhone 8 or something. Will save the money toward new BT headphones perhaps. I realize that once the plug is gone, it's gone for good. But I would be in no rush to upgrade, as my 6s is good enough and works with my current headphones.

Reactions: TheForce
My son had the iPod Touch 5th or 6th gen version that had the 16:9 screen with the same size as the iPhone 5/5s/5c/5se. It was super thin and yet Apple managed to fit the headphone jack in there along with the Lightning connector and speaker. And people accepted the camera bump, and the iPhone 6/6s have camera bumps (I think they look tacked on); going thinner on the next iPhone probably means a bigger lens bump.

I would like to see more of a sculptured appearance, but that might be too polarizing. The Galaxy S6/S7 Edge models with the screen that curves around the sides of the phone may not be easy to hold but it does looks cool. I hadn't originally planned on getting the iPhone 6 because I really liked the screen size of the iPhone 5s I had, but since I've owned the 6, I find it may be the sweet spot (as far as I'm concerned) in the compromise between screen size and wear-ability. Of course, with Apple Watch, aren't we supposed to keep our phones hidden away and just interact with our true wearable?

I'm trying to make it over two years between iPhone purchases, but I know that my son is getting a new phone for freshman year at college. He's using my iPhone 5 that I got when it launched in 2012, but I've already had to replace the battery and screen. Four years for a smartphone is forever. I don't think whatever Apple is releasing will come soon enough that I upgrade my 6 and hand that down to him, so he'll get a new 64 GB version of either the 5se or 6. He gets to pick the color, though!

Of course, with Apple Watch, aren't we supposed to keep our phones hidden away and just interact with our true wearable?

Yes, of course and I do! I have the 6+ and it has indeed replaced reaching for my ipad when needing to surf the web or study finance options. I have most things on the watch. The aWatch Qardio app is a little unreliable but most other watch apps work fine. It's just a glance and if I need to address details only then do I reach for the iphone. If more involved work, then I go for the ipad or surface pro.

I plan to keep my iphone 6+ a long time, maybe 4-5 years. Therefore I bought the 128 GB model so storage would not be an issue. Size is perfect for my older eyes and I use the voice to text mode because it's faster than typing.

I have had my 6 plus for almost a year and a half and still enjoy it. I use it way more than I ever thought I would and use it way more than my computer. I was looking forward to the 7 release but may wait for the 8. I like the 4k video/pictures on the 6 s models and wish I had that on my phone. I feel that the additional features that the 8 would bring if they bring what was previously mentioned in this thread would make it worthwhile for me along with other features we do not know about yet and perhaps additional photo/video enhancements.

Very happy with my 6s+ I don't see the need to go to the 7 but am intrigued with the rumors on the 8.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I suppose most of you all have seen the latest leaked image of the iphone 7 camera that is being added to the 4.7" model that was absent in the 6s. It is a module that uses optical image stabilization.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/08/18/iphone-7-camera-module-stabilization/

iphone-7-camera-module.jpg

Talked to a friend who works at Apple last night...

He told me one thing that has not been reported anywhere... I am posting it here before the event to see if it is true.

The iPhone 7 will come with a lightning adapter and lightning earbuds, however they are planning on announcing new wireless earbuds (they don't come with the phone) which will offer apple enhanced Bluetooth which will sound better than any other bluetooth headphones as the apple enhanced bluetooth will use double the bandwidth over standard bluetooth does.

With the lightning adapter or using Apples own beats Headphones designed for the iPhone 7 users will get to experience higher quality audio then ever before from an Apple device.

This makes sense to me... now lets see if it is true or not.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If iPhone 7 will support 24-bit/96KHz file formats and will come with a 24-bit DAC, I will want to upgrade! :)

They really don't have to include ANY ear buds, but I'll bet folks would be furious if they don't.

What happened to the OTHER i7 thread that was here earlier today that picked up after this one?...Where Scott said he would get one because of the Samsung fiasco?

What happened to the OTHER i7 thread that was here earlier today that picked up after this one?...Where Scott said he would get one because of the Samsung fiasco?
Forgot, it was in computer zone.

Talked to a friend who works at Apple last night...

He told me one thing that has not been reported anywhere... I am posting it here before the event to see if it is true.

The iPhone 7 will come with a lightning adapter and lightning earbuds, however they are planning on announcing new wireless earbuds (they don't come with the phone) which will offer apple enhanced Bluetooth which will sound better than any other bluetooth headphones as the apple enhanced bluetooth will use double the bandwidth over standard bluetooth does.

With the lightning adapter or using Apples own beats Headphones designed for the iPhone 7 users will get to experience higher quality audio then ever before from an Apple device.

This makes sense to me... now lets see if it is true or not.
How you like your new IPhone 7 and 7+ and when will it be out or is is out now? Thanks and Sorry if wrong forum if you want to send in pm that's fine and I apologize

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts