iPhone authorized computers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Under Account Information in iTunes, I see Apple thinks I have 5 computers authorized. I can think of 3. Is there any way to get a list of the authorized computers so I can selectively deauthorize? I only see "deauthorize all."

Good question. No way that I know of. I would deauthorize all. Keep in mind you can only use that function once a year. Then reauthorize the one you primarily use as well as any others you are using through home share.HTH.

I had this issue as well. I would authorize a computer and then reimage the harddrive and have to authorize it again after forgotten to deauthorize it before reformatting. iTunes would count the same computer. I ended up with 5 authorized computers even though I technically only had two. I had to deauthorize all of them and then reauthorize the two I was currently using

Hmmm. That tune sounds familiar, considering my computer problems.

Edit: I went ahead and deauthorized all. Now have just one authorized.

Really seems like quite a drawback, having to do all. And not at all what I would call "insanely great." The emperor has very few clothes on.

Last edited:
Only allowing 5 computers to be authorized may be some kind of copy right issue. It could be Apple doesn't want Lars Ulrich on their case!!!!! ;):)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I think Apple should show you the names of the authorized computers and allow singly to deauthorize.

I believe you can deauthorize all once a year without having to contact Apple. I have only done it one time when I hit the 5 limit, but it was reinstalls that bumpped up the count.

Why would they care? Is anyone going to go to the trouble to make "too many" copies? Heck, I can just burn a CD, no?

Why would they care? Is anyone going to go to the trouble to make "too many" copies? Heck, I can just burn a CD, no?

Actually the way they have it now, you can download all the apps and songs you have bought on your account. So, if you share you account you share all the stuff you bought.