iPhone case

What do you think of the iPhone case?

• I like it slick and glossy like today's models.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I think it should be a non-slip surface in the future.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • I hate the iPhone, Apple, and/or AT&T and couldn't care less about the case.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Some months ago, I dropped my 3G, cracked the display, and ended up getting a 3GS. And I've seen a guy lose his grip on an iPhone and watched it fly several feet, smashing the display to pieces and becoming an instant plastic brick.

But it looks nice.

Question is, do you think the iPhone case should be glossy and slick like it is now, or become a non-slip case?

If you carry something that expensive around all the time and you aren't careful, you deserve what you get.

Whether it be protected by an Otterbox behemoth or just plain careful handling, you need to take care of the thing. That includes basic things like not dropping, throwing or sitting on it.

Of course, learning where to find replacement parts and how to do the repair yourself can be a plus.

If you carry something that expensive around all the time and you aren't careful, you deserve what you get.

Whether it be protected by an Otterbox behemoth or just plain careful handling, you need to take care of the thing. That includes basic things like not dropping, throwing or sitting on it.

Of course, learning where to find replacement parts and how to do the repair yourself can be a plus.

:confused:

Actually, I bought one of those replacement displays. Actually, the glass cover. Lost the use of the touch pad function across the very bottom strip across the display. Called the company but never got it right. It's a paperweight on my desk now.

Due to my, and other family illnesses, I just moved up to the 3GS. Glad I did. And I don't see much value in moving to the 4.

Apple is very thoughtful about ergonomics. Possibly better than any other company out there. I just think they missed the boat on this one aspect.

The number of people selecting option 3 is "interesting." :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)