Iphone e-mail annoying problem

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I'm still having little problems getting used to the iphone.

My email is working fine on my iphone 6+ and my wife's on the iphone 5. The problem is the awkward way to delete the older e-mails.

If I open each one I can send it to trash. If I edit the list and then mark each one individually, I can trash it. Then I have to go to the trash folder and permanently delete the Trash folder.

Is't there a way I can just edit and mark all and send to the trash? Having to delete so many emails one at a time is really an annoying and time consuming task. What am I missing?

No response?

I did a goggle search and my complaint is pervasive among iphone users. There is a hidden way suggested that centers on a process of edit, select the first e-mail, then touch and hold the MOVE, and whiole holding the move uncheck the first email and a screen pops up allowing you to move all the emails to the trash where you can delete all at your leisure.

Unfortunately while so many claim this procedure is the way, myself and many others say it doesn't work. I now have 7900 emails indicated on my main screen mail icon. Yet they do not show up after the procedure in my inbox until I close and reopen the inbox and they are all back??? The complaints on this bug have been ongoing since iOS6 that I could find and there only seems to be one solution I found that actually works- You have to delete your mailbox completely, reboot the iphone and then add it back after deleting all emails from the mail server. Not the xxxx messages will all be gon from the inbox and the number on the icon. Is this the only way?

Well you learn something new everyday. I've always wondered why there was never a "delete all" button. This is great.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1436481766.460402.jpg

Edit: well that sucks it's only in your trash folder and not the all inboxes. :(

I solved the problem- Just delete your mail box. Then add it back with the same settings. The number of "key strokes" is about the same. Only think I'm not sure is if you delet the box with email on the memory, do you leave that out there taking up precious storage?

sethwell, in your post, just hit delete all in the trash folder and then exit the app and back and see if the mail is back in the inbox. It was for me, even with the delete from server checked in the settings advanced.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)