iPhone screen protectors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Opinions please from those who use the iPhone screen protectors.

I have never used any and my iphone is very clean and scratch free since I always keep it in a padded belt case.

My wife has a frame rubber protector that keeps it from sliding off a table but no screen protection. She keeps it in her purse so the screen comes in contact with other junk she hauls around like many women do.
Her iphone 5 is indeed old now but it is very scracthed up and soon to be due for technical upgrading. Otherwise it works just fine.

I was wondering if I put a screen protector on her next iphone we plan to get soon, will that also just get scratched up the same as the original screen? If it does, can it be removed and replaced with a new one for a clean look? Have any of you ever replaced the screen protectors?

Update- Upomn closer examination with a mafnifying glass I see the scratched uip iphone 5 did have a screen protector. I don't recall putting it on a few years ago, but the fact is the scratches are all on that protector and not the iphone 5 which is scratch free. I watched a number of YT videos demonstrating the removal and replacement of screen protectors, so I see it is possible without damaging the phone's screen.

Anyway, after we get the replacement I think we'll just keep the old one for the grandkids to play with using wifi. I don't plan on keeping the Verizon account active. I don't think the tradin value is worth much.

Tempered glass screen protectors are the best thing invented for phone protection. Feels like the regular screen, it will crack if dropped and keep your screen intact (most of the time), and is easily replaceable. This is the only kind I buy now.

Reactions: mperdue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)