iPhone Slingplayer reimubursement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RisingForce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
OH
How does Dish automatically get notified by Apple that you have purchased this app, so they can process the $29.99 reimubursement towards your dish account,,, I just dont get it....
Has anyone recieved a refund from Dish for this ??? :confused:

(this is what Im talking about )
iPhone / iPod touch If you have an iPhone/iPod touch, you must go to the iTunes App Store. Click here. DISH Network will be notified when you purchase the application. No additional action is required.Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date of purchase for the $29.99 credit to automatically be credited to your DISH Network account. If it is past 6 weeks and you have not received your credit, please email SlingiPhoneRedemption@Dishnetwork.com. * Limit one iTunes SlingPlayer Mobile App credit per DISH Network account

I understand, but how does Apple/itunes notify dish? how can they possibly figure out the connection between something purchased on itunes and a dishnetwork account ???

Oh ok,, so thats all it takes,, a connection from my slingplayer to my VIP922 automatically results in the $29.99 reimbursement.
Thank you Scott. you have the answers to everything !!!

Apple does not share with the app providers anything about the sales of their app, they just tell them how many were sold and send them a check.

Thats why you can't contact an app provider for a refund as they have no way of telling if you really purchased it or not.

Scott, once you install the Sling App do you get rid of the Dish Remote Access app?
I have both on my iPod and I do have issues whenever using one or the other.

For instance, I was checking out the DVR playback on the app and when I went to watch the DVR recording, it started the movie on the TV, not the iPod...lol.

Scott, once you install the Sling App do you get rid of the Dish Remote Access app?
I have both on my iPod and I do have issues whenever using one or the other.

For instance, I was checking out the DVR playback on the app and when I went to watch the DVR recording, it started the movie on the TV, not the iPod...lol.

I have both on mine too and I don't have any issues. Essentially the two apps are pretty similar, but if I'm not going to stream I just use the Remote Access App. If I want to stream, then I use the SlingPlayer app.

I downloaded the app early this week and to my surprise after seeing this thread I checked and I already have my credit with Dish. :up

I got my credit today $29.99. I downloaded the sling player for my iPhone the day the 922 came out. And I got my iPad wifi on 4-3 and traded it in for the 3G on 4-30.

I downloaded the app on 4/10 and have not received my credit yet, but it could take longer since I am bundled with CenturyLink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)