IPTV equipment- anyone got theirs yet?

jashobeam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Has SA started sending out the equipment and charging for the new IPTV service yet?

None of the flyers I received even have prices yet. I would think they want to complete the Beta testing

None of the Sky Angel CSRs seem to have any idea of when the IPTV equipment will be available. They are as much in the dark as we are.

sa info in the mail

today i recieved the info and the price list for their new service. it did not have equipement charges in it. it had just the monthly charges and the programs offered in each package.

I got a flyer today, which I think might be the same one referred to above. The envelope says "Rejoice! Sky Angel IPTV Is Here!"
A small brochure inside is labeled "Sky Angel Faith & Family Television" and offers 3 programming tiers - the Faith Package for $14.99, the Family Package for $19.99, or both (the Family Values Pak) for $24.99.

It says that you can get a free set-top box with an 18 month commitment, or purchase it outright for $149. The brochure claims that the box is normally a $198 value.

Not one word addresses the forthcoming closure of SA DBS service.

The brochure also indicates more than once in fine print that "Programming, channels, number of channels, subscription prices, equipment prices, and special offers all subject to change without notice. Additional cost for set-top box, shipping, activation, and applicable taxes may apply."

The brochure makes a gift offer at the end, where for $149, you can buy a gift package. The recipient will receive one set-top IPTV box ($198 value), Free Shipping & Activation ($30 value), and one month of the largest programming package, the Family Values Pak ($24.99 value).
Fine print notes that "At the end of 30 days, recipient must call Sky Angel to reactivate account with a credit card or EFT authorization."

The rest of the brochure contains the usual promos for Christmas programming and a reminder to shop at the Sky Angel E-Store for Christmas gifts.

Some gift, I wouldn't trust skyangel with my credit card of an electronic funds authorization. What happened to good old fashioned bill me every month?

IPTV subs shipping after 1/7

Please note that if you are not a Beta Tester, your equipment will not be shipped until after January 7, 2008. Please allow 7-10 business days after this date to receive the equipment in the mail. If you have further questions about this, please feel free to call our customer service line at 1-888-759-2448.