IPv6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backbone yes plans to use no. The software won't support it.

We really need to get off of vbulletin.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I know how that is. 1/2 of my ISP's support it. Cox won't get off their rear ends to implement it other than their in "trials" Century link supports it but i get way slower speeds than Cox. I get bumped up to GPON next month, so hopefully those speeds will catch up sooner than later.

Yeah COX here has no plans of going IPV6 here. At this point it dont bug me... but it will... it will be like when HD first started and your cable company didn't know what HD was. :D

But I will live with it, because their 150 MB service rocks. :D :D

IPV6 is inevitable, if only for the IP address space. The question is, HOW will it be implemented? Will there be enacted some sort of rule to plan on a switchover on a certain date? How many users will discover AFTER that date that their routers, etc, don't support IPV6? :flame: Yes, I know they can coexist, but is that really practical in the average home? Is Nat dead, who killed him, and was it on a Texas ranch?

But most importantly, should I learn to prepare homeowners for the [strike]Y2K transition[/strike] IPV4 to IPV6 transition, ensuring a lucrative revenue stream for myself? :dev ;) :rolleyes:

FAQs.

Test to see if you're ready for IPV6. I'm not - Fios:
knob_info.png
Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be 666.666.666.666
knob_info.png
Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be UUNET - MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Busines

knob_cancel.png
No IPv6 address detected [more info]
knob_valid_green.png
Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.
knob_info.png
You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.
knob_info.png
Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access to the IPv6 Internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites. [more info]
Your readiness score
0/10

I got the same as you, except that my DNS server has IPV6 access. So I got one more green checkmark, but still 0/10. Huh.

I think there are actually 14 tests.

Let's hope the guy who wrote the IPV6 test routine didn't write any actual IPV6 code.

Hmmm, U-Verse ISP with a MacBook Air running Mavericks yielded 10/10. I'm good to go.

For those who want to access ipv6 now, you can do so thorough hurricane electric. I have my router tunneled IPv6 into 4, and it works, and works well. It uses the ipv4 network to backbone over to servers that are fully connected to IPV6 sites. I think the IPV6 sites are a bit snappier. Not bad considering that Xfinity is not my ISP.
496071084.png

knob_info.png

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be **.***.**.***
(ASN-CXA-ALL-CCI-22773-RDC - Cox Communications Inc.,US)

knob_info.png

Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:470:d:a2:****:****:f516:5fb
(HURRICANE - Hurricane Electric, Inc.,US)

knob_info.png

Since you have IPv6, we are including a tab that shows how well you can reach other IPv6 sites. [more info]
knob_attention.png

It appears that you use a tunnel mechanism for either IPv4 or IPv6.
knob_valid_green.png

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.
knob_valid_green.png

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.
Your readiness score
10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)