IR Blaster Cable

Does anyone know of place that sells long IR Blaster Cable? I need one about 30 foot long. Thanks.

Get one like this: MythTV LIRC RS232 IR Blaster (scroll to bottom of that page)

You need to buy an IR blaster like that, that has a standard 1/8'' (headphone) jack.

Then go to Radio Shack and tell them you need 30' headphone extension cord that has a coupler on one end. (it will look like this, only in a longer size) If they don't have any longer, just get 2 short ones (like the one linked above is 16ft, so buy 2 of them, (thats 32ft) and the couplers are built into the cable!)

The plug is the same as a headphone jack, so the cord should work through the extension.

Let me know if that works out!

-Scott

You need to buy an IR blaster like that, that has a standard 1/8'' (headphone) jack.

Then go to Radio Shack and tell them you need 30' headphone extension cord that has a coupler on one end. (it will look like this, only in a longer size) If they don't have any longer, just get 2 short ones (like the one linked above is 16ft, so buy 2 of them, (thats 32ft) and the couplers are built into the cable!)

The plug is the same as a headphone jack, so the cord should work through the extension.

-Scott

OK, thanks Scott. Got a busy week. Will check into your info this weekend.

-Scott
Hello. I have a similar problem; however, my Panasonic DVD recorder IR Blaster has 3 bands on the plug end, not the 2 as appears to be the case here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Go to homedepot or an electrical store and get some doorbell wire or 22-4 wire. CHEAP. Cut it and splice it color for color. I have spliced at least 300 blasters and have never had a problem. I personal use 22-4 or CAT5e depending on how many blasters are going to the same spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)