IR Blaster Cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does anyone know of place that sells long IR Blaster Cable? I need one about 30 foot long. Thanks.

Get one like this: MythTV LIRC RS232 IR Blaster (scroll to bottom of that page)

You need to buy an IR blaster like that, that has a standard 1/8'' (headphone) jack.

Then go to Radio Shack and tell them you need 30' headphone extension cord that has a coupler on one end. (it will look like this, only in a longer size) If they don't have any longer, just get 2 short ones (like the one linked above is 16ft, so buy 2 of them, (thats 32ft) and the couplers are built into the cable!)

The plug is the same as a headphone jack, so the cord should work through the extension.

Let me know if that works out!

-Scott

You need to buy an IR blaster like that, that has a standard 1/8'' (headphone) jack.

Then go to Radio Shack and tell them you need 30' headphone extension cord that has a coupler on one end. (it will look like this, only in a longer size) If they don't have any longer, just get 2 short ones (like the one linked above is 16ft, so buy 2 of them, (thats 32ft) and the couplers are built into the cable!)

The plug is the same as a headphone jack, so the cord should work through the extension.

-Scott

OK, thanks Scott. Got a busy week. Will check into your info this weekend.

-Scott
Hello. I have a similar problem; however, my Panasonic DVD recorder IR Blaster has 3 bands on the plug end, not the 2 as appears to be the case here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Go to homedepot or an electrical store and get some doorbell wire or 22-4 wire. CHEAP. Cut it and splice it color for color. I have spliced at least 300 blasters and have never had a problem. I personal use 22-4 or CAT5e depending on how many blasters are going to the same spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)