IR codes for Hopper remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
Wondering if this is possible (I thought it was)...I use a Pronto Pro remote and thought once I enabled IR on the Hopper that I'd be able to capture the IR codes FROM the remote into my Pronto. Currently the Pronto uses codes from my previous 722 and it works fine, but I don't have the red/green/yellow/blue IR codes. When I try to capture those button codes--or any buttons on the Hopper remote--it fails.

Am I just misunderstanding the remotes ability and will be unable to grab these IR codes?

Doh.

The Hopper will respond to IR commands but the Hopper remote does not transmit IR signals for the Hopper. (it does transmit IR for other devices). You won't be able to capture the IR commands from the Hopper remote.

Others have reported that having the universal remote emulate a 922 will give the color buttons.

Wondering if this is possible (I thought it was)...I use a Pronto Pro remote and thought once I enabled IR on the Hopper that I'd be able to capture the IR codes FROM the remote into my Pronto. Currently the Pronto uses codes from my previous 722 and it works fine, but I don't have the red/green/yellow/blue IR codes. When I try to capture those button codes--or any buttons on the Hopper remote--it fails.

Am I just misunderstanding the remotes ability and will be unable to grab these IR codes?

Doh.
As others have said, the Hopper can accept IR commands but the remotes will not transmit IR codes for the Hopper (just other devices like your TV).

Codes for the colored buttons can be found on RemoteCentral.com along with other utilities and advise for programming your remote.

Here are the codes for the colored buttons:

RC: DISH Network 922 - Red/Green/Yellow/Blue

And here is a more complete list:

RC: Dish network ViP 922 - IR Protocol?

I used these codes on my 922 and the colored buttons did not function properly. Apparently, the 922 responds differently to the IR codes than they do to the RF codes from the companion remote. It would be interesting to see if Dish has fixed this problem on Hopper/Joey.

All the posted 922 codes work fine with Hopper and an IR remote, including all the colored buttons. Whatever was a problem on the 922 has been fixed on Hopper.

You don't need a manual or code list because the entire list is in the Hopper Remote Manager app. You don't set codes anymore using the remote. All remote programming is now done on screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)