IR Codes for remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HotRod19579

Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I have a Mx-850 remote and after upgrading to the Hopper I was pleased to learn that the IR codes from the 722 worked however I am missing the codes for the red, blue, yellow and green buttons. Since the remote is an RF remote I can't learn the codes using the remote. Can anyone tell me how I can get these codes?
Note that I found one post with the hex codes however when I tried to use those codes using the MX-850 editor they didn't work after downloading them in to the remote.

Since you already have the correct codes but can't get them to work, you'll have to learn them from another remote. An older Dish remote like the 21 or most cable or one-for-all brand remotes will work. If you have such a remote or can obtain one, post the model, and I'll post the procedure. Personally, I use the ubiquitous $15 RCA RCRP05B for teaching my other remotes.

What mdavej says.... I used his advice (many thanks) and bought the $15 RCA remote. A little learning curve with the remove, but I was able to use it to program the color buttons into my MX-850. It will also be my backup & I'll keep it up to date with all my components.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts