IR Remote problem question

Toledobend

Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Louisiana
I have just replaced a 510 with a 512. The 510 was sitting next to my 722. I have the remote addresses set on the 722 to 1 and 5 and the address on the 512 is 6. Problem is, the 722 IR remote changes the channel on the 512 even though they don't have the same address. The 512 remote doesn't affect the 722. I have confirmed that the addresses on the remotes are also 1 5 and 6. Why is the 722 IR remote affecting my 512? I ended up putting black paper over the IR sensor on the face of the 512 and am using an extra UHF remote, but I still don't understand why I had a problem. The two units are next to each other because I have a 4 channel RF generator running the 3 signals from the 722 and 512 to the rest of the house.

Can the 722 IR remote address be changed? I can tell how to change the UHF remote, but the IR address is shaded like it can't be changed. Also, I have another 722 and its IR remote changes the 512 also.

Is the remote on the 512 set to address #6 a UHF remote? The 512 was a 522 bastardised into a 512, the 522 had both a UHF and a IR remote address. I suspect your 512 still has an IR address set to #1 but I don't have any idea how to change it. Changing your 722 to any other address may be a work around.

Stephen here is his answer posted before your last post.
Thank you for pointing that out. I did see it. I may have worded may question poorly. I saw that he had posted that the other day. I wanted to know if he tried changing the address on the 722 remote also. My original intent was for him to change the address on the 722 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts