Questions about 622 malfunction

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
I have had my 622 for a long time, but lately when I record a show and play it back it starts to stutter really bad (looks kind of like signal stutter in bad weather) where the screen is unwatchable and will sometimes freeze and I have to do a hard reset.
1) Is this a hard drive issue or my 622 going bad, and if it is just a hard drive issue would an external drive solve the problem?
2) If I upgrade to the Hopper is there a way to transfer my DVR schedule from the 622 to the Hopper?

1) Is this a hard drive issue

Very likely.

or my 622 going bad

Less likely.

if it is just a hard drive issue would an external drive solve the problem?

Not really. If your internal hard drive is going bad, you will be lucky to save recordings to an external drive. Does this affect all your recordings, or just a few?

2) If I upgrade to the Hopper is there a way to transfer my DVR schedule from the 622 to the Hopper?

I don't think so. About all you can do is go to the Timers section of DishAnywhere and print them out.

The trouble with using DishAnywhere to get a list of timers is it does not show all the timers, at least for me. I have about 15 timers and I only see 8 of them right now. The info displayed doesn't even show channel names/numbers any more.

When I upgrades from a VIP receiver to Hopper, I had to make a paper list from the info on the receiver and enter it back in.

Too bad DishAnywhere's timer list isn't accurate and can't be saved on-line or to your computer and loaded back to the receiver.

The Dish Anywhere list is accurate but only shows timers that have events scheduled. (both skipped & unskipped)

The Dish Anywhere list is accurate but only shows timers that have events scheduled. (both skipped & unskipped)
The timers list should show ALL timers whether or not they have events scheduled, at least as an option.

I checked and the timers list showed two more timers than the events in my daily schedule with Show Skipped active. I discovered that the daily schedule is MISSING two skipped events!

So the best I can say for DishAnywhere is that it is an approximation of the DVR on your actual receiver.

Had a similar problem with one of my 722's. It's the hard drive failing. You can try to copy to an ehd, but as others have said, they may be corrupt also. Time to upgrade to a Hopper. The remote on the Hopper will store all your timers and memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)