IRISH GUY GETS DISH NETWORK ON 185cm FORTECT STAR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

musab

Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
Ireland
!BTsg9BQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKj!EjlLm,WqpBKJy,lN77Q~~_1.JPG
:D
180cm%20fortecstar.gif
im a irish guy in ireland i dont know that much about satallites i went into pc world in dublin where they sell satallites its a great shop here in ireland they sell everything. i asked them i can i get the american channels like HBO and SHOWTIME they said no not with the ones we have on show their too small.

the man at the shop said i can put you in contact with our supplyers which
is an english company we wont go into that this english company based in
dublin they told me you have to get a dish network box from the internet so
i did they said when you get that well give you the right satallite to get the signal they sold me a 185cm fortec star dish i really taugh it wont work altogether i spend 360 euro for everything i still cant belive it i have HBO east
and SHOWTIME i have no PPV but i dont care i also have all the ESPN channels.

we get ripped off here by bskyb we have to pay 21 euros for everyfight well
no more i was told not to tell what shop sold it to me so much for the experts
that told me i could not get american channels.:D

How are you getting your sub activated all the way from Dublin, did ya bribe Uncle Charlie with some of that Guiness Stout or famous Irish Whiskey, or did a llittle leprican activate your receiver? :eek:

I appologize in advance about the stereotyping of the Irish, but you need to send us some screen shots of your signal and which satellite your pointed at, then we'll believe ya.

Dublin cannot phyiscally see a satellite past 81 degrees West. Usually you can't get signal from a bird once your look angle is less than 5 degrees, too much atmospheric noise to get a clean signal. So, that narrows it down to 72W or closer. The only two Dish satellites that fit that criteria are 61.5 or 72.7.

Maybe there is some wierd side lobe from one of those two satellites sending signal off to Ireland :D

Notice some of the wierd areas out in the Atlantic ocean?
http://www.dishuser.org/pictures/E6at72Footprint.jpg

Even if the Dish signal is able to reach Ireland, programs could not be watched unless the receiver were activated by Dish--or this is the result of some hacker having modified the receiver.

This is what im picking up from what i read on my box theirs always
some guy who says your lying out of jelousy listen people in Ireland
that have satellites here get arabsat and turksat with tiny 30cm
satellites. From Ireland to the middle east is just as far as the eastern
coast of America with a big enough sat like my 180cm or a bigger 240cm
fortec star but will cost a lot of money you could pick up bskyb here
in Ireland thyats why i posted this to help people fight back against
these massive companys ripping everybody off but if you want to keep
getting ripped off fine by me suit yourself.

Gives me hope

This is what im picking up from what i read on my box theirs always
some guy who says your lying out of jelousy listen people in Ireland
that have satellites here get arabsat and turksat with tiny 30cm
satellites. From Ireland to the middle east is just as far as the eastern
coast of America with a big enough sat like my 180cm or a bigger 240cm
fortec star but will cost a lot of money you could pick up bskyb here
in Ireland thyats why i posted this to help people fight back against
these massive companys ripping everybody off but if you want to keep
getting ripped off fine by me suit yourself.

I'm looking at getting one of the 180's to pick up a diff DMA than I live in so I can get ABC in HD. The lil ABC I have in my DMA is barely able to put out an SD signal not less an HD one. But that is nothing in comparison with the 180 getting the US in Ireland. Now back in the C-band days before all the new digital feeds and encryption I picked up many of the European channels including the BBC with a 12 ft dish. They were in B&W because I didn't have a standards convert for them. But it was really nice to pick up the morning news from the BBC back then. I remember watching some seriously risque stuff out of Italy that was standard network stuff for them. Even got some Russian stuff and eastern block stuff.

Last edited:
Not to mention that you would also need a different television since they use PAL in Ireland and NTSC in the US.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_in_Ireland"]Television in Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Isn't a bit late for April 1?

^^^

Maybe u dont know...but PAL region TVs for a long long time can handle NTSC signal. They have the capability to detect NTSC signal & display it properly.

Yeah, for example Sony start selling them in Europe as Multi System Color TV 20+ years ago.

Still to determine if the guy [OP] just looking for an attention. :D

In the 80's we watched a Russian TV bird in some sort of low earth orbit. It was in view of a 12 ft ParaEclipse for about three hours a day if I remember correctly.

Polar orbit

In the 80's we watched a Russian TV bird in some sort of low earth orbit. It was in view of a 12 ft ParaEclipse for about three hours a day if I remember correctly.

That was the "lighting" birds that were in a polar orbit. Was in a figure 8 over the N. pole. They had a series of birds that did that. If one had a tracking az/el dish it was possible to follow them from N to S then zoom back up to the N to track the next one.

Here is the info on 61.5 West from Dublin, Ireland:
Your Location

Latitude: 53.3479°
Longitude: -6.2598°

Satellite Data

Name: 61.5W Echostar 12, 3
Distance: 40440km

Dish Setup Data

Motor Latitude: 53.3°
Declination Angle: 7.6°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 11.4°
Azimuth (true): 240.9°
Azimuth (mag.): 245.5° using Compass
LNB Skew: 31.4°

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts