IRISH GUY GETS DISH NETWORK ON 185cm FORTECT STAR

If he can get dish channels from overseas, then that means I can get channels from Uranus* right? LOL

* The planet of course. :D

We all could take the numbers from Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com - no biggy.

Question is the OP posted for real ? Or just for green ?

Its for real, he's from Ireland. I can tell you for certain. Also, there was a video up in the FTA section for a long time where some guy had to build his own dish to get german channels from south america, off of austra. IT is very possible. This would be like getting 148 from ohio.

Its for real, he's from Ireland. I can tell you for certain. Also, there was a video up in the FTA section for a long time where some guy had to build his own dish to get german channels from south america, off of austra. IT is very possible. This would be like getting 148 from ohio.
If the beam pattern reaches Ireland, then it should be easy for him to see 61.5
The elevation angle is about twice what I used to get 148 from Central PA (in order to get the old CBS HD feed).

why would i lie why i will correct one thing i make a mistake on my dish is a 240cm fortec star not a 180cm im getting a 91% signal according to my box for HBO east and SHOWTIME my channels are all bostan and new york channels from the east coast some are bad signal all PPV are blocked i think the reason im getting the signals is because its a dish network box and its pre paided.

I say this is complete bunk, the guy said something about prepaid and HBO and Showtime on 61.5, prepaid receivers are 3900 or 301 models and they only do SD QPSK MPEG2. There is no HBO or Showtime SD QPSK MPEG2 on 61.5. Then he says something about Boston + NY channels and PPV on 61.5. Prepaid doesn't get PPV or locals not to mention the 61.5 location and MPEG2. Complete bunk I say!

I'd make a guess that it's Echostar 6 at 72.5W that has a projected35 dBw contour in that area.

Attachments

• Echostar 6 Red 35 dBw.jpg
    Echostar 6 Red 35 dBw.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 177
I think that he just meant that they are closer to Europe than mainland USA.

Right, if you look at a map you can see that geographically, PR is much closer to the US mainland than PR is to Europe.

PR is in the Caribbean, right in our back yard. Next to Haiti/Dominican Republic on the other side of Cuba (90 miles from Miami).

Europe is 3000 miles away.

Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts