Is 123w a bad dish to use in New York?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I live in New York. I have a dish at 97w, 95w, and 123w. 97w and 95w come in beautifully but 123w, is always weak. All the channels on 123w, always come in weak. Is it because i live in new york? i have a standard winegard dish. Is this too small?

on 97w and 95w i always get above 70% quality, while on 123w i always get 20-30% quality at its best.

I truly appreciate any help. Thank you.

If you're using multiple dishes, the dish you have aimed at 123 may not be aligned correctly.
Check/tweak the elevation, azimuth and skew setting, with the receiver and tv out by the dish, if possible. Without knowing your receiver, switch setup, cable length etc it is hard to try to guess why the signal would be low-those are just the first things that come to mind. If it worked better in the past, but not now, I'd check those things first. Check your cable fittings to the 123dish also. There's not that much of interest to me on that satellite any more so I don't check it often, but haven't noticed any drop in signal here.

I set up a motorized dish for a friend in Brooklyn, and noticed at that time that 123W was rather low in elevation from there. Are there any possible partial obstructions to the Southwest?

I have no problem at all with 123 in Maine, so I don't think that there would be any problem in NY. Could be obstructions or TI, but most likely just not aimed right.

Well I'm in danbury,CT area and for me - 123W is pretty low in elevation. I am able to get Univ. of Wash., VA Network and I used to get the old networks before they (Equity Broadcasting?) were sold. My signal strength isn't the greatest, usually in the 30's to low 40's but watchable and locked in. This is KU not sure what there may be on c band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)