Is 6.10 the turbo software??

6.10 is the new software. but from what i am getting getting the new channels is (turboHD) and software are two different things. the software is so that we can get VOD in 1080p.

I'm bewildered about the timing of all of this. Why is Dish sending me multiple emails, proclaiming the availability of 1080P on Dish, with I AM LEGEND available for $2.99 only on Aug 1-3, with instructions to go to channel 501, when they haven't distributed the firmware necessary to access it? We are halfway through that weekend sale period, and I'm reading posts that say it may be several weeks before L610 is loaded on all receivers.

Seems to me that all Dish has accomplished is to create confusion and frustration.

I'm bewildered about the timing of all of this. Why is Dish sending me multiple emails, proclaiming the availability of 1080P on Dish, with I AM LEGEND available for $2.99 only on Aug 1-3, with instructions to go to channel 501, when they haven't distributed the firmware necessary to access it? We are halfway through that weekend sale period, and I'm reading posts that say it may be several weeks before L610 is loaded on all receivers.

Seems to me that all Dish has accomplished is to create confusion and frustration.

Their marketing dept seems to be the best in the world at that. I cant even begin to figure out the turbo channel programming packs. They really could simplify things much better.

This is classic Dish marketing. I can't remember a time when they have introduced/changed anything with both good timing AND a clear explanation of what they were introducing/changing. In fact, they usually botch both aspects of good communication and throw in a wrinkle where they make existing subs angry by leaving them out :eek:

The introduction of the similarly named (but not really all that related) Turbocharged 1080p VOD and the new customers only TurboHD (only) packages on the same day, when clearly the Turbocharged VOD at 1080p wasn't even close to being ready for anyone to use comes to mind :cool:

Dish marketing's big splashes are usually more like belly flops:D

Talon Dancer

The email I got last night from E* said that I am Legend is $2.99 for the entire month of August.

"In celebration of our new Turbo-charged HD, DISH Network will be offering a HD movie in spectacular 1080p at a reduced price during the month of August! HD customers can watch "I Am Legend" on DISH On Demand for only $2.99 for the entire month of August!

Plus, get the best in HD movies with 14 HD channels from HBO and Starz FREE for three months. "

The email I got last night from E* said that I am Legend is $2.99 for the entire month of August.

"In celebration of our new Turbo-charged HD, DISH Network will be offering a HD movie in spectacular 1080p at a reduced price during the month of August! HD customers can watch "I Am Legend" on DISH On Demand for only $2.99 for the entire month of August!

Plus, get the best in HD movies with 14 HD channels from HBO and Starz FREE for three months. "

Thanks for pointing that out. At least there is a chance we will be able to take advantage of the $2.99 1080P offer for "I am Legend", assuming Dish pushes out L610 in time.

Looking back, I had mistakenly attributed the statement that followed the "I am Legend" thing, which said "For one weekend only, enjoy a variety of great HD movies for the special price of $2.99 each - August 1- 3 on DISH Network Pay-Per-View!" as applying to Legend also, when it was actually directed at the list of movies that followed.

Regardless of your DVR model [622/722] and/or serial number [R00...] you will not see anything on ch 501 [VODSV] because:
- the channel in engineering mode
- no PID assigned to the service [channel]
- no data streaming.

There is short history of the service [channel]:
- 6/4/08 10:32:47am PDT - new VODSV with a number 541 did appear in system tables
- 7/7/08 1:05:45pm PDT - the service changed number to 501.

Regardless of your DVR model [622/722] and/or serial number [R00...] you will not see anything on ch 501 [VODSV] because:
- the channel in engineering mode
- no PID assigned to the service [channel]
- no data streaming.

There is short history of the service [channel]:
- 6/4/08 10:32:47am PDT - new VODSV with a number 541 did appear in system tables
- 7/7/08 1:05:45pm PDT - the service changed number to 501.

I am seeing 501 on my 612, all 7 or 8 501's not sure of the numbers as I am not home to look right now

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts