Is 72 up? (Signal Restored to Eastern Arc)

Lost both 72 and 77 on 14 July roughly around 6:00 PM or so. Came back within 30 minutes or so. Never experienced that quick a complete outage (Customer since 2004). My bet is on the solar flare activity. The solar sunspot cycle peaks roughly every 11 years. I believe the predicted peak is the May 2013 time frame. Ought to see some interesting events over the next 12 months in my opinion.

lots of erratic behavior with my system over the weekend; whether it was the upload center, solar flares, or both, it seems ok now...
supposedly, the solar flares over the weekend were the most powerful ever measured, so that would explain a lot

Then again, it could be a problem with the receiver.

Check your signal strengths, of they are in the low 40's you may need a realignment, 50's and 60's - look to the receiver for the problem.

As of the middle of June I have been getting signal loss between 8pm and 3 am also in the afternoon I have had 4 LNB S rplcd 2 receivers rplcd and 3 dishes.No fewer then 7 techs to come out and try realignment . I have no obstructions The onle thing one tech did was to leave me a partial reel of rj6 with both ends pinned.I just ran the cable from the dish through the garage and through 2 doors. I have to say this seemed to help.I left the spool behind my receiver maybe 300 ft left on the reel.So one would think that the cable which has been working for years went bad.so I ran another cable the same path as the origional .Still getting channel signal loss on most of the 300 channels also on the local channels error outside normal viewing area.this would clear after going up and down on the channel spectrem after awhile. When this occures it happens on all 3 receivers (vip211,vip612,and vip722k.) another tech came out and installed the ovel dish he said it was for international use as well.When he tested in the am the signal strength was very good.in the 70's
That night the same problem occured and I hooked up the reel of cable and that seemed to help.S I ran a third cable but routed it on the other side away from power imputs and through the garage attic.WELL I got the same issues.one tec did say he had a hard time getting a good level on 61.5 72 seemed ok and so was 77 so he moved the dish higher up on my eve of the garage and installed the dish hd platter smaller one brand new black in color.still ng any suggestions this has me going nuts
when I do switch during these times it showes more sattlites than it should so i do not save than i perform the systen check and 72 and 61.5 at times do not pass and in the history it shows many signal losses at different times of the day.But yet durning the day it will pass all test...this is so time specific I can't imagin what could be causing this type of interference.Any help would be greatly appriciated....tech 8 is comming out this Tuesday .....I have even taped the errors when this occures 4 1 hour tapes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts