Is anyone else having green tint issues with ABC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Imp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Central New Jersey
Recently I started noticing this green tint with most of ABC's programming. We noticed it while watching Castle the other night and then again while watching Flash Forward and The forgotten. It seems like the lighting is off and people's faces and clothes have this green tint to them.

I have one of those Sony sets that was known for having the "green blob" problem, but I don't think that's the case here as this green tint does not show up on any other station. It's only on ABC.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue. Oh, and I'm also in the NY area if that matters.

Hallelujah.....! I spent half of last night changing my tv's color settings just because of that exact same problem (and got the wife all riled up because I was 'playing' while watching a recording of Greys Anatomy).

I also have a Sony plasma and also live in NY (Westchester). I also didn't notice it on any other channels.

I'll need to check it on my other tv tonight.

Thanks
Rick

I have a Samsung LCD HDTV and I have the same problem. I recorded Flashforward last night and I noticed the green tint. I just noticed it now that needs to be fixed.

I too was watching Greys Anatomy last night on Ch 7 WABC (did not think to look at 396) and had the same problem on my 60 in Sony Projection. Even my wife and daughter noticed it and we all thought something was wrong with the TV. However when I changed the channel the other channels were fine.

What TV model do you have?

I have one of those Sony KDS-50A2000 SXRD models. They were known for having problems, but I see here that I'm not the only one seeing this problem on just ABC.

I didn't even think to try the other channel on 396. I'll have to compare them the next time I watch a program on ABC.

Thanks guys.

Heres in NY on WABC I have seen it on General Hospital since Monday, and on Wenesday Night's programmin, Rgis & Kelly though came it ok, but its dark light that effects it most

Same here...I am guessing its similar to what NBC did with their green week, a little subliminal brainwashing maybe?

So, I just got around to watching Castle which I recorded on both channels 7 (my local ABC) and on 396. We started out watching on 7 and the green tint was there again. Then we switched to watching the recording of channel 396 and it was clear as day. No green that we noticed at all.

So, this is obviously a problem directly with one channel and not a whole network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.