Is anyone else having problems with their 942 not recording?

mr_snerdly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I have a 942 reciever and since Thanksgiving weekend it has not been recording properly. I set it up to record 10 programs over that weekend and 2 recorded. I called E* and did the usual reseting of the reciever etc., things have gotten a little better, but about 1 program a week still does not record. I just got off the phone with a tech rep and he said it is a software problem and it wouldn't help to send out a new 942 as all of them have this problem as it is a software issue. He then told me they will try to work on a patch to solve the problem.

In my opinion, if every 942 had this problem, they would have a patch to fix this long before now. Is E* just blowing smoke up my ass on this, or have others had the same problem. If it is just my 942, I am going to call them and demand a new one be sent.

Thanks for the input guys...

I have 71 timers set and they all seem to record just fine. Maybe you should delete the timer and change it to ALL episodes and make the priority #1 on your list of timers. Also make sure you have no contradicting timers that coincide.

MikeD-C05 said:
I have 71 timers set and they all seem to record just fine. Maybe you should delete the timer and change it to ALL episodes and make the priority #1 on your list of timers. Also make sure you have no contradicting timers that coincide.

All of my timers are manual, not weekly, or new episodes. They are a one time event. Thanks for your information....I will call Dish and give them hell. Let me get this straight. You have your 942 set to record 71 programs every week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)