Is C-band Still Good Enough?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Tv Fanatic Here, If I Wanted To Buy A C-band, Would It Be Worth It?

What Would I Need To Receive The Max Amount Of Channels From The "bud" And How Much Would The Satellite And Receive Cost New (if You Can Still Buy Them)???

Overall, Is It Even Worth It Anymore?

jself1982 said:

What Would I Need To Receive The Max Amount Of Channels From The "bud" And How Much Would The Satellite And Receive Cost New (if You Can Still Buy Them)???

Do not buy , scrounge .

Wyr

I scrounged a good 10 foot dish for a hundred bucks that included a good motor and a good C band LNB. I paid 400 bucks for a good used motorola 4dtv receiver (with an extra remote and VCRS unit). Then there's the cost of materials for planting the dish and wiring it up. I believe the picture quality is WAY BETTER than the small dish offerings, and I haven't even tried the HDTV channels on C band.

Jess

PQ on the big dish is definetely much better than on the small dish. Speaking of SD only as I have not seen any HD on the big dish. No compression going on here. Many receivers available on ebay. I even have an extra one that I am going to list on ebay when I get around to it.

jself1982 said:

Grab a used 10' in good shape, upgrade everything else.

Best deals on the 4dtv DSR 922:
http://skyvision.com/store/399_4dtv.html
http://www.callnps.com/4dtv.htm

I agree

jself1982 said:

NO QUESTION!
If I had to give up my BUD, I would resort to DVD rentals...Pizza is so expensive and so inferior!

However you find a dish, get good quality electronics (LNB's, CO-Rotor). a 922 4dtv (and maybe an hdd200 for HDTV) and you will not believe the difference!

My 4DTV Video is upconverted by the TV to 720p and is outrageous! (almost DVD quality)
HD from the hdd200 is also not to believed!
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts