Is CUI -REALLY- this lame?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Previously, I could Search for program X, and I would get a listing of the upcoming episodes. I could pick and choose which to record.

NOW, under "CUI" I can only select the program, by number or arrowing over, to record the series. Gee! Only new? New and reruns?

Am I missing some secret method to get an episode list so I can pick and choose?

CUI has GUTTED the usability of the Hopper DVR, IMO. And an H3 ain't gonna fix it.

It has certainly made the Joeys almost worthless because we can't access Schedule, Search refuses to load/function (we keep getting thrown back to live TV and can't access Search), we can't use ANY of the apps like to check weather like we used to several times a day because we get the message that Internet Connection required, yet the internet connection shows OK and I've switched between Bridged and direct Ethernet port with no change. This is a mess. Yeah, I would like to upgrade to H3; I was planning to do so, but I need TWO H3's as I have two HWS's. I just hope I can have Dish accommodate me. This CUI on even the more powerful HWS has BROKEN all the Joeys on our system. And when it is broke and Dish won't accommodate, I'll have no choice but to leave Dish as one of their highest paying customers, not because I am upset, but ONLY because I can't have a BROKEN whole home system and continue to pay the very high monthly bill. I have to go where even an inferior DVR will WORK for all of us in the household, and at this point we want TWO H3's. So, I can accept the competition's $300 gift card and either use my TiVo's or even the cable co. lousy DVR's, but they will WORK as advertised. Very sad to face actually leaving Dish, but if one has a Lincoln Town car that keep dying and breaking down, one has no choice but to use the Chevy that just works and get me to where I am going, not in style, but it gets me there. :(. Is this why Dish keeps LOSING subscribers each quarter? And my bill is fat compared to the many who have gone way down to "skinny bundles" and OTT. I am still a heavy MVPD user. I'm not angry or upset, just sad, but Charlie seems not to want my fat check each month. How is Ergen gonna sell for a high price with his HIGHEST PAYING subscribers BLEEDING away from Dish each quarter? I really don't know.

Try tabbing over to episodes tab on top

Thank you. I missed that. I'd ALMOST say "Pass the crow" but it is so stupid, extra steps, and SO SLOW, both in operation and the steps to see each one. And once you've picked some to record, it doesn't show you which are already selected on that screen. .

I'm sure some corporate idiot said it was more modern and consistent. Never mind it was more difficult and slow. And the H3 will only address part of it.

I expect Dish will try to get all new subs onto the H3 only. And they won't know how much better it used to be.

I see nothing better about the CUI.

Before CUI, I saw the Hopper as better than the ViP series. Now, I'm. It so sure.

It was pretty bad on my sisters H1. I about lost it waiting on button presses this past weekend, while recreating their favorite lists. Then found with the guide problems it hadn't been recording some shows. Figured that out when they asked me why Australian Football was on such a long break. It hadn't recorded the last 3 weeks. Three separate timers for Australian Football and new episodes all showed no upcoming games even though they were in the guide.

Before CUI, I saw the Hopper as better than the ViP series. Now, I'm. It so sure.
"1 step forward, 2 steps back" as another poster commented. There have been so many versions of the Hopper and each with its own set of software "upgrades", that the Hopper is now at least a dozen steps back from the ViPs. :D

Resistance is fertile.

"1 step forward, 2 steps back" as another poster commented. There have been so many versions of the Hopper and each with its own set of software "upgrades", that the Hopper is now at least a dozen steps back from the ViPs. :D

Resistance is fertile.

Fertile?

Not futile?

Automiscorrect forever!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts