Is D* dealing with Comcast Philly or......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Yesterday 3:00 pm I go to view the Phils/Brewers game. I am having a sandwich(salami on rye) so I am in the kitchen where i have an HD receiver. Yikes, no game, just the Direct TV Logo and some music. Damn! So I go over to the GameMix channel because I have noticed that even the games that are not on usually show up there. So I have a SD channel on an HD LCD 20 inch display so as you can imagine, the little box that the gam is in is quite ugly. Anyway, I'm eating and squinting and my son comes in and says,"what are you doing?" He wondered why because the game was in fact on in the other room on the SD Tivo, not onlly on on Channel 742 but it is the Phils Comcast signal. Checked out my HR10-250, not on that one. Only on the SD machine. Anyhoooo, it was there...was it a glitch?

Tonight's game (Friday vs Toronto) was the Comcast Philly one again! Damn I love to listen to Harry Kalas!

Noticed the Comcast Sportnet broadcast myself. Did Directv finally cut a deal with Comcast that would allow us to finally listen to Harry Kalas after all these years?

That would be awesome.

It was part of the MLB:EI deal with Comcast/Cox and Time Warner.

San Diego's RSN was also part of the deal. I am not sure either one has been on in HD yet, though.

Noticed the Comcast Sportnet broadcast myself. Did Directv finally cut a deal with Comcast that would allow us to finally listen to Harry Kalas after all these years?

That would be awesome.

I would be interested if anyone knows anything about a deal with Comcast...anyone?

Is Harry great or what... "ITS OUTTA HERE!"

Last edited:
I would be interested if anyone knows anything about a deal with Comcast...anyone?

Is Harry great or what... "ITS OUTTA HERE!"

The only way you will ever see a deal with Crimecast is you will have
to get on your knees in front of David Cohen and suck the best dick
ever. After him Arlen Specter, then the whole Philadelphia City Council
Good Luck.

PS Who is Harry Kalas, is he on Directv or Dishnetwork?

The only way you will ever see a deal with Crimecast is you will have
to get on your knees in front of David Cohen and suck the best dick
ever. After him Arlen Specter, then the whole Philadelphia City Council
Good Luck.

PS Who is Harry Kalas, is he on Directv or Dishnetwork?

Yikes, such language:p

Harry is the Baseball announcer for the Phillies. Splits the game between the TV production and the Radio on 1210 am. Great voice, does dome of the MLB taped shows. There were 2 games last week that we actually got the Comcast signal on MLB EI on D* so I was thinking that something must have happened since it was the first time in all these years.

It was part of the MLB:EI deal with Comcast/Cox and Time Warner.

San Diego's RSN was also part of the deal. I am not sure either one has been on in HD yet, though.

If comcast is sharing the game with Time Warner and now D* wouldn't that forfeit their argument about sharing the channel because of their wiring system that has kept them from being forced to share the phillies, sixers, and flyers games? I hope so as I will finally be able to watch them without going to a bar or a neighbor's.

Yikes, such language:p

Harry is the Baseball announcer for the Phillies. Splits the game between the TV production and the Radio on 1210 am. Great voice, does dome of the MLB taped shows. There were 2 games last week that we actually got the Comcast signal on MLB EI on D* so I was thinking that something must have happened since it was the first time in all these years.

Yes I know who Harry is, I live in NE Philly, it's just I haven't been able to watch
phillies broadcast in about 10yrs due to comcrap. You know Sen Kerry bitched and
moaned about the MLB deal that it would affect a large amount of people, but the
idiot never spoke up for the 1.2 million who are denied in the Phila and the San Diego markets. When it came to his family members who would be denied there Red Sox things happened. You CSN people in Philly are really stupid also you keep paying into CSN and no matter how much you give to Crimecast you will never win a Championship, you think Crimecast would try and buy one.........Not....who's the fool? I get more pleasure in watching the 3 teams lose, remember crimecast wins 3 championships every year whether the tems win or not.

Wednesday game against Florida which always use to come from the Marlins telecast was indeed the Phillies Comcast feed. That is three times in the last week so evidently there is in fact some kind of agreement to carry these cames on the MLB EI between D* and Comcast. Anyone ever see anything official about this. I am surprised with all of the flack through all of these years without the Comcast feed there hasn't been more comments. Well, I am a happy camper!

In looking at the InDemand MLB Extra Innings schedule that cable offers, it still does not carry Comcast Philadelphia's telecasts, but they do offer the Padres Channel 4 for San Diego games, when another RSN carrier is not available, and they also offer Canada's Rogers Sportsnet for Toronto Blue Jays games. Does anyone know if DirecTV will be offering the Canadian Rogers Sportnet feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)