is Dish Anywhere not showing DVR recordings for anyone else?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Hopper With Sling, Windows 10, latest Chrome. It claims that there are no DVR recordings available and 0% space used. The recordings are OK when viewed on the TV. Firefox DOES show all the recordings, but I can't watch them on Firefox for no reason that has ever been adequately explained.

Only Chrome based browsers work with Dish Anywhere, i.e., you must use Edge or Chrome, not FireFox.
Yes, I said that in my message, but I also said that it wasn't working for Chrome. It's thoroughly idiotic that it doesn't work with Firefox, it's hardly an obscure browser.

Further happenings: someone was watching a recording on the TV while I was trying to watch one on DA. After they stopped, DA worked again, after logging out and back in. So is this a coincidence, or can you really only watch one recording at a time with the HWS? If this is the case, has it always been this way, or is it something that came along with the thoroughly idiotic Carbon UI? And shouldn't it be documented somewhere? (As you might guess, I rarely use DA.)

After they stopped, DA worked again, after logging out and back in. So is this a coincidence, or can you really only watch one recording at a time with the HWS?
I never heard of such a limitation, though I can't remember ever testing it. Supposedly it's one Sling stream/Hopper independent of any direct Hopper or Joey viewers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, I said that in my message, but I also said that it wasn't working for Chrome. It's thoroughly idiotic that it doesn't work with Firefox, it's hardly an obscure browser.

Further happenings: someone was watching a recording on the TV while I was trying to watch one on DA. After they stopped, DA worked again, after logging out and back in. So is this a coincidence, or can you really only watch one recording at a time with the HWS? If this is the case, has it always been this way, or is it something that came along with the thoroughly idiotic Carbon UI? And shouldn't it be documented somewhere? (As you might guess, I rarely use DA.)
Hello, Jim! The most likely resolution to this issue was logging out and back in, as that's part of our steps, and the Hoppers with Sling support viewing 3 live channels at once (aside from any DVR events). If it happens again, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-333-3474 for further assistance, if logging out and back in does not resolve it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I forgot to mention that I had tried logging out and back in several times when I first discovered the problem.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)