Is Dish Full 'O C**p?

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
I just "chatted" with the tech and he says I can't add a 111 to my existing service. Is he full of it? I am going to use it with a single LNB dish and setup as Dish300 and point at one bird at a time. Is this right??
I know the 111 is not MPEG4 but I am in the western arc and from what I am gathering we are not MPEG4 here on the west coast, right?

:rant::rant:

Thanx,
Bud

Last edited by a moderator:
I just "chatted" with the tech and he says I can't add a 111 to my existing service. Is he full of it? I am going to use it with a single LNB dish and setup as Dish300 and point at one bird at a time. Is this right??
I know the 111 is not MPEG4 but I am in the western arc and from what I am gathering we are not MPEG4 here on the west coast, right?

:rant::rant:

Thanx,
Bud

Yes HD programming is MPEG4 on the west coast.SD programming is MPEG2.;)

Do you already have the receiver or just inquiring? Maybe he thought what you meant is you want them to send you one. As far as I know they're discontinued, which means you couldn't buy or lease one directly from Dish.

If you can obtain one through other means I can't think of any reason you couldn't get it added to your account and activated.

Yea, Pepper, I am going to get one from The Dish Store and I want to get all my "ducks" in a row before I commit to anything. The CSR probably was thinking that I wanted them to send me one. I guess I was not clear enough. All that I have been gathering has led me to believe that I am good to go but I wanted to ask them as well. Guess I did not 'splain it good enough :)
Thanx!

Future proof

If you don't have one why get it? Future proof yourself and get a 211k. The 111 will go away as the WA is moved over to MPEG4 only. Just a thought.

My subscription is "TurboHD" with the America's Top 250 w/ Locals Local Channels: Los Angeles, CA Premium Channels: 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER, HBO & SHOWTIME, HBO, Showtime Unlimited International or Ala Carte Add-ons:
[FONT=&quot] Fox Sports West, PRIME TICKET, Service Plan (15/0), HD & Platinum.[/FONT]
I am not going to get HD in the camper w/ one LNB but that is okay. Even when I travel to San Antonio to visit the folks and anywhere west that I stop at I **should** be okay:up
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

My subscription is "TurboHD" with the America's Top 250 w/ Locals Local Channels: Los Angeles, CA Premium Channels: 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER, HBO & SHOWTIME, HBO, Showtime Unlimited International or Ala Carte Add-ons:
[FONT=&quot] Fox Sports West, PRIME TICKET, Service Plan (15/0), HD & Platinum.[/FONT]
I am not going to get HD in the camper w/ one LNB but that is okay. Even when I travel to San Antonio to visit the folks and anywhere west that I stop at I **should** be okay:up

I'm guessing the problem is that you have an all HD package so the CSRs are not allowing a nonHD receiver on the account. We all know you are willing to take the hit on your programming, but they may have other guidelines they are following. I don't know. Play CSR roulette, do an online chat, contact the exec office. You could establish a second RV account but I think that would cost more money. If they won't relent, why not just grab a 211 or 211k and simplify things. They are very reasonable on eBay and Dishstore for the most part. Or take your current receiver with you and grab a tripod mount and a 1000.2 and live like a king.

I see AT250 on the account so why cant they add it?

What because you have a HD package on western arc you cant add a SD only receiver?

I ran across this just last week, and I am in Washington State, most of the time you can't get easter arc even if you wanted to. The CSR said that since the customer had all HD, he had an "mpeg4 only" tag on his acct. I could not add a 311. I asked why, the CSR said probably because of Eastern arc. I told the CSR that was ridiculous. I hung up and called back, and the next CSR said the same thing, I asked to talk to a Supervisor and after about 15 minutes I got him to remove the mpeg4 only tag. He did say he wasn't supposed to do that.

That being said, go for the 211, not much bigger than a 111, and a much better reciever.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)