Is Dish lying to me??

alagonia

Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Hi,
We bought the promotion package of AT120 and international programming and leased the equipment back in March 2001. Now we want to drop the AT120 and simply keep the international programming. A few days ago, I called DISH and they said that they can only downgrade the AT120 to AT60 without me incurring a cancellation fee of $240. I couldnt believe my ears.Then today I called again and spoke with a supervisor and he compromised by saying they could cancel the AT120 only if I agreed to buy 2 receivers for the price of one. I said maybe. All along I tell them that we've had the promotion for 3 years and I have the right to cancel. Most promotions are 1 year, 2 the most. They claim no. I asked for a contract copy and gave me the runaround that it would be 4-6 weeks. I know they're lying. How can I get through this with simply completing my original goal, just cancelling the 120 and keeping the original programming. I threatened to cancel everything but right now they're not biting. Please help.

The problem is your leasing your equipment, and for as long as your leasing your equipment you cannot downgrade below At60.

What you need to do is buy 2 new receivers, send the old ones back to Dish and you can subscribe to whatever you want.

The CSR is incorrect, they wouldn't charge you the $240, it would actually be $199 for each receiver on your account unless you made arrangements with Dish to purchase it from them.

The things Dish do to try to prevent subscribers from downgrading. I thought Dish Network didnt charge after 1 or 2 years if the hardware was returned? Maybe Dish is trying to get you to pay their price for the receivers to keep them instead of giving you the idea that you can just return theirs and buy new ones to only subscribe to the international channels.

This cust is an old DHP.. not the current DHA.. i think they would be charged the $240... but that was for the length of the commitment, usually a year, he must have done something to re-encur a comittment, Dish Mover, Upgrade promo, etc... in order to be charged the $240.

I believe they are incorrect about the programming, as long as I know the commitment is AT60 or higher.

thanks for the input...one way or another Dish is trying to hardball me and for some reason I know that contract says otherwise. Thanks.

Just make sure you did not participate in another promotion as bcshields described before you shut the service off. I would also try calling back to see what they say. You could have just gotten a CSR that does not know what he/she is talking about.

Claude Greiner said:
The problem is your leasing your equipment, and for as long as your leasing your equipment you cannot downgrade below At60.

What you need to do is buy 2 new receivers, send the old ones back to Dish and you can subscribe to whatever you want.

The CSR is incorrect, they wouldn't charge you the $240, it would actually be $199 for each receiver on your account unless you made arrangements with Dish to purchase it from them.
yes tahts right see you dont own the equipment so if you go to int only folks not 60 he doesnt want apackage just international then you need your own equipment and if you dont return the equipment upon downgrading to international then they will charge you the fee so you really need to start a new account

kwajr said:
yes tahts right see you dont own the equipment so if you go to int only folks not 60 he doesnt want apackage just international then you need your own equipment and if you dont return the equipment upon downgrading to international then they will charge you the fee so you really need to start a new account

Ya know, I almost, and I stress almost, understand what you are saying. Jeez man, get a handle on English and sentence structure. Better yet, STFU!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)