Is Dish really going to have 150 total HD channels by the end of the year?

btedford

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Does anyone thing Dish is really going to have 150 total HD channels by the end of the year?

cause it's already October, and August and September have both gone by and no new national HD.

No, but they will SOON....... hell, they probably have room for another 100 pay per view channels and may have 250 by May when they add them!!!! Sad thing is, 150 Dish "HD" Channels only equate to like 45 channels in real world 1+1=2 land.

Last edited:
A good question, because aside from PPV and RSNs there will likely not be 150 HD channels to broadcast. But, if you add 15 or 20 PPV channels, 10 or 15 RSNs, and 20 or so real HD nets, you can get there. I didn't count all the NHL and NBA channels listed recently in the uplink report, but there seems to be about 30 of those. I think one of the counters of such things identified about 65 HD channels currently carried by Dish.

And, of course, under the proper circumstances I suppose there are always the VOOM channels available.

The big thing for me will be the local HD carriage, and with Ciel 2 added to E-11 there should be adequate capacity.

We can but hope.

fitzie

And, of course, under the proper circumstances I suppose there are always the VOOM channels available.

Is that a sick joke? I have not enjoyed Dish since I lost Monsters, especially around Halloween time. All the friends would come over and we would watch the various marathons in the sweet glorious HD that MonstersHD provided.

whats the difference between saying :

we will have : "150 Hd channels by the end of the year"

and what Dish said:

we will have : " UPTO 150 Hd channels by the end of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)