Is DISH Retiring the 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do not take away my list views!

Nope, more than double the fees for two TVs, and NO LIST VIEW. :)
But with the tiles you can view more recorded titles than you can with list view.
Give me tiles any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

I can scan AND READ up and down for what I want faster than scanning left and right and up and down for pictures.

I don't need this kindergarten picturebook fad on my OS's, websites nor DVR.

They take my 722 and I will leave them.... But I wouldn't mind the new Wally to replace my 211K :)

I can scan AND READ up and down for what I want faster than scanning left and right and up and down for pictures.

I don't need this kindergarten picturebook fad on my OS's, websites nor DVR.

If you frequent online forums, you realize that reading and writing is not a strength of many of today's viewers. I agree with you, I can scan a list of text much faster than a bunch of pictures, many of which I don't recognize for what they are.

The actual answer to the question? He needs
A 722 user on another forum said they got a letter from DISH saying they want to "replace one or more of your receivers, adjust your satellite dish, or do both. As we continue to upgrade technology, it is required at times that we make adjustments to your equipment to ensure a better TV experience for you."

The actual answer to your question...He has locals that will no longer be on the satellites he has and the dish has to replace it and point it to other satellites. That is assuming he has no SD receiver that has to be replaced, if he does it could be both.

Reactions: Nominal
i bet that they want the customer to upgrade to a hopper 2 with sling or the new hopper 3 which is the reason why they're going to be getting an letter from dish saying they want one or more of your receivers replaced and your dish/lnb will be needed to be changed for the new Ea Hybrid lnb setup.

They take my 722 and I will leave them.... But I wouldn't mind the new Wally to replace my 211K :)
The Wally will have the Carbon UI, the 722 isn't capable of it. They are incompatible with each other. The Wally is purposed as a standalone receiver. You could have more than one Wally though...

So whether you say "Nope" or not doesn't change the fact that the dual Tuner receiver days are over.
emoji6.png
The days aren't over until I'm no longer allowed to use it. :)

i bet that they want the customer to upgrade to a hopper 2 with sling or the new hopper 3 which is the reason why they're going to be getting an letter from dish saying they want one or more of your receivers replaced and your dish/lnb will be needed to be changed for the new Ea Hybrid lnb setup.

no you can't mix any vip equipment with an hopper account as i am told.

No and no. DISH isn't sending out letters to get people to switch to the Hopper, they may advertise it but they don't say you must make changes. It's what I said it is in my post, this is a known letter DISH sends out when a receiver is no longer being allowed or when a locals are moving from where you get them, generally off the Western Arc.

Yes you can, the 211 series is allowed.

Reactions: JSheridan
More accurately, Dish has no interest in giving a non-Hopper family DVR the new interface.
And you know this is more accurate how? Were you secretly involved in testing the Hopper UI on 722s before Dish decided to scrap it for non-technical reasons? If the answer is no, then I question your claim of greater accuracy for your explanation.

Last edited:
And you know this is more accurate how? Were you secretly involved in testing the Hopper UI on 722s before Dish decided to scrap it for non-technical reasons? If the answer is know, then I question your claim of greater accuracy for your explanation.
When was the last factory New 722k built?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
I was a long time user of the 722, 8 yrs worth. Had no intentions of upgrading till the H3 came along. What a helluva upgrade from that vip beast. The 722 served me well, however now that the H3 has been in use for nearly a week. There is no chance of ever going back, we love the H3. :)

The 722 was my favorite receiver when it was the flagship model. It serves it's purpose very well and allows for people to have TV in many rooms for little to no cost. It became too outdated when I moved to a larger house and had kids. Now that I have HDTVs in multiple rooms I was HD programming on them. I also needed the freedom to record more.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And you know this is more accurate how? Were you secretly involved in testing the Hopper UI on 722s before Dish decided to scrap it for non-technical reasons? If the answer is no, then I question your claim of greater accuracy for your explanation.
Ironic that you didn't question the post I quoted that declared "the 722 isn't capable of it".

Besides, if I were involved in testing the Carbon UI on pre-Hopper receivers, I couldn't tell you... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)