Is DISH taking a break on Auditing?

Stargazer said:
Their auditing department needs an audit from the sound of that last post.
you're correct, the first thing they need is attitude readjustment.
They treat paying customers like sh*t
They need to come to terms with the fact without me or you potentially their company may not exist.
Be thankful for the loyal customers you have, don't drive them away

I personally have had many go around's with the Audit department my ordeal with them lasted for about 2 and a half months it started when i had 6 receivers then i was told i could add 7 this is where the headaches kicking and screaming I should have just stayed with dtv began
For my seventh receiver install all that was needed was a phone call from a tech, I had to pay 100usd for a tech to come to my residence to make a phone call the wire was already ran from one of my dpp44's and the box was already hooked up to tv. The same occurrence happened when I added 8th receiver to my account

Through out this time the Audit department and I had many go around's but finally bought splitters and hooked to phone line 100 percent phone line compliant

Although my experience with the Audit team and the rest of dish network have been horrible

Audit team without me you wouldn't have a job!
I resent the way I was treated as a thief in my situation

I also like after i was 100 percent phone line compliant, i got another call from audit peon's about another audit needing attention on my account a LOCAL CHANNELS AUDIT
apparently i have 5 dns cities instead of 2, my contention not my fault learn how to build a website

Audit Team is alive and kicking

They shut us down today. Called while I am at work and they will not turn our service back on until I get home to do the audit. My wife and child are without TV that we pay $150.00 a month for. And yes they do treat you like a criminal. I like dishnetwork, but I am going to talk to someone at dish who will take care of this once I get the audit done at 5:00 pm today. I am going to be conpensated somehow or I am looking elsewhere.

jhutchings said:
They shut us down today. Called while I am at work and they will not turn our service back on until I get home to do the audit. My wife and child are without TV that we pay $150.00 a month for. And yes they do treat you like a criminal. I like dishnetwork, but I am going to talk to someone at dish who will take care of this once I get the audit done at 5:00 pm today. I am going to be conpensated somehow or I am looking elsewhere.
good luck i feel for ya a wife and kids without tv, when talking with them make sure they give ya a ten dollar credit for lifetime as its your wife's favorite channel
the bottom line is they more than likely will do nothing to accommodate you
I always like to get it shouting matches with the audit team brings my blood to the right temperature
TREAT THEM AS THEY TREAT YOU

Your are right my blood does boil over

I talked to three people over an hour. The first one said to cancel, he did not care, the second one would not do anything, the thrid one would not even send me over to retention, saying someone would have to call me back. As soon as I can I am going to complete their audit this afternoon and then on my time I am switching to Directtv.

i can pm ya my DIRECTV account # if ya like, so ya can add me as a reference
HA-HA DISH LOST ANOTHER ONE NOW AT 11,999,999 CUSTOMERS

Last edited:
I'm sure this has already been posted, but does anyone have the 800 number for the Auditing Team? I need to ask a few questions before deciding to stay or go to D* (from another phone, of course)

Next time I have the issues I had the first time I am GONE to DirecTv. They locked my account because two receivers that were already deactivated were expected a location ID from them and I did not have them hooked up and they said I FAILED. I finally got onto one of them and they unlocked the account. If I have to put up with that B.S. again I am GONE GONE GONE and will proclaim it on here and be very bitter towards Dish Network in my statements on here.

To have this crap happen in addition to the DVR fee increase, program price increase, loss of Lifetime and LMN, additional receiver price increase for MPEG-4 HD's, this is not looking good. All this bull adds up.

I passed my test be these guys are a joke

I spent 25 minutes passing my test today, they tell you upfront not to put the phone down or talk to anyone else or you will fail. I will under no circumstances take this crap again, in fact I am with dish just long enough to line up directtv.

They never told me upfront to not put the phone down or not to talk to anyone else. I just called them back and gave them the info then they had to ask me to give them info to two receivers that were not even active. They need to check on that. Dish, if your reading this, you need to check that. I been waiting to switch to DirecTv to see what Dish comes up with for their existing subscribers in which I am not satisfied with their offers yet and see what DirecTv is going to offer but they dont have their HD lineups yet.

They did ask me not to put the phone down or talk to someone else

I can tell you for a matter of a fact, the dish audit person did in fact warn me upfront not to put the phone down or talk to someone else or it would invalidate the test. I was under the impression he was recording the conversation also, could not tell for sure. I am not a person to complain just to get something for nothing. I do not steal, I pay for the service and expect to be treated like a human being.

If you "fail" one of these tests and they cancel your account, do you then have to pay the $240 for not meeting your contract?

I have never heard of these audits before today, but it sure seems like a crummy way to treat customers.

I imagine that you do have to pay that cancellation fee. They probably have it in the contract somewhere that if you do not obide by the user agreement that you void your contract or something like that. If they shut your system off for not calling back during a commitment period, I am not sure what rights they would have at that point.

Come hell or high water I wouldn't pay the disconnect fee if they killed my account on an audit. I didn't break the agreement by failing to pay my bill they terminated it and there is no mention of an audit requirement in the contract. I've read them and the DHPP contact. Only things mentioned is failing to pay or canceling during the 18 months. Heck the only thing CSR's ask is if the receiver is hooked up to be able to order pay per view with remote or avoid the additional outlet fee on a dual tuner.

And they could try and place a derogatory account on my credit report. Take me all of 15-20 days (normal investigation time of the big 3) to get it right back off. Gotten real good at dealing with crooked credit reporting out fits.

Dish Network would probably just shut all of the additional receivers off and keep the main receiver active. I believe this is what they do in most cases.

Let dish do whatever they want to

In the end it is Dish losing. If they feel it is so important to treat honest customers as criminals, then it is Dish losing in the long run. There is Directtv, cable, Bell, Starchoice, and OTA. In the future there will be many more choices. In the end it is the consumer who will come out ahead. Companies like Dish are middle men. They are stuck between the programmers and the end customers.

Jafoo said:
I'm sure this has already been posted, but does anyone have the 800 number for the Auditing Team? I need to ask a few questions before deciding to stay or go to D* (from another phone, of course)

Have fun.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Have fun.
The audit team wants to prevent people distributing their receivers and sharing the programming. They do not mind charging you for one receiver's programming if you do not comply. They will leave ONE on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts