Is Dishnetwork possible??

redneckokie

Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
oklahoma city
I got all set up for directv install today, the installer came out and told me he couldn't get a direct line of sight.
I live in a condo that faces directly north. They have to put the dish on the side of the building, unfortunately there is a fireplace chimney that sticks out about 2 feet.
Does any one have any idea about where the Dishnetwork satellites are located and are they close to the same spot as Directv?
I was just checking before I go through all the paperwork.
Thanks!

All TV related satellites are located above the Equator, due south of the USA. You are going to have a heck of a time getting line of sight to these satellites when you are facing north.... In answer to your direct question. Dish satellites are in the same, or nearly the same, location as DirecTVs.

dish

If you can get the dish to the side of the building dish offers an eastern arc dish that heads south east. 61.5 72 77

yes I can put the dish on the side of the building and have a clear view of the south east, it's just straight south and south west that I can't get a line on.

Dish has two arcs, one is 61.5, 72.7 and 77, the other is 110, 119 and 129. A lot depends on where your local channels are. Your locals are on 110 and 129. That would be the western arc. You need to see if you can get line of sight to 129. If you can see that from the side of your building you are in like flynn. Now, you say you are in a condo. What does you association say about placing a dish on the side of the building?

Dish has two arcs, one is 61.5, 72.7 and 77, the other is 110, 119 and 129. A lot depends on where your local channels are. Your locals are on 110 and 129. That would be the western arc. You need to see if you can get line of sight to 129. If you can see that from the side of your building you are in like flynn. Now, you say you are in a condo. What does you association say about placing a dish on the side of the building?

The side of the building is the only place they allow them. When directv was here they said they could put it on the edge of the roof and it would work great. The I asked the HOA about that, you'd a thought I'd asked them if I could have goats and chickens on the roof.
Got to get out tomorrow and get a compass!

My daughter had the same situation down in the St Louis area at her apartment with Directv. Dish was able to supply service through the Eastern Arc. Good Luck!!

If you a have good view to the SE you could go Eastern Arc, but you would need an antenna to get the locals as OKC locals are on the Western Arc. If you are close to Edmond you should be able to get the locals with rabbit ears.

Dish's Western Arc starts about 10 degrees further west than Directv. In Oklahoma Directv is almost lined up Directly South and Dishnetwork Western Arc is South/South West and Eastern Arc is to the South East.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)