Any way to Deauthorize....

yorto

Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit Michigan
I got my father's old satellite receiver, a 722k. He had a dispute with Dish, switched to cable. Dish never sent him boxes to send back the receiver. I'd like to update my 522 to the 722. Dish says I can't. They own the receiver. No $hit! Since it is leased equipment, they say they can't reauthorize it to me.

Any help or ideas to upgrade myself?

(in July I got a new 922. They also said that I can't upgrade my 522 since I got a 922 in July. I actually added the 922 and kept the 522 to feed my bedroom.)

Thanks,

Yorto

You can offer to "purchase" your dad's leased receiver from Dish. They might go along with that and re-authorize it for your account. Of course, that would be an expensive option. Outside of that option, you are DOA. Unless you can prove to Dish that it is NOT an owned box and has no PPV's owed to it, then it is their leased box and they aren't going to re-authorize it.

Ask your did if he got charged by Dish for not returning the box. I don't know if after charging full retail for a leased box for failure to return it per disclosure, if it is then considered an "owned" box and can be reactivated just like any other box purchased at retail. Someone on this forum must know the answer to that. Not certain about Dish having NOT sent a return box, as your dad did have a dispute with them, and Dish loves to charge the $15 goodbye kiss fee.

It is correct that Dish will allow only ONE upgrade per calendar year. Now, Dish has made a rare exception for fat whale customers who are fairly close to the ONE YEAR period ending. Otherwise, you do have to wait the full calendar year until you qualify for a discounted upgrade. Of course, you can purchase Dish boxes and have them activated on your account any time you wish.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)