Is Flex Pack a rip off????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I went to the Flex Pack web site and was greeted with an option to choose $39.99 or base service at $29.99.

I was looking for the cheapest offer so I chose $29.99. By the time I reached the bottom of the pages the price had climbed to $129.99.
Are they really trying to get monthly subscribers, it seems like "bait and switch" advertising. www.dish.com/build-a-package

Yes. Now maybe there are a few people out there that benefit, but I am not clear who.

Right here is where the post went south.
Everyone else didn't turn it personal until right here...

I'm sorry Msmith, I tried to stay out.
But this is a pattern that never seems to get addressed.

It seems to me, its ok for certain members to say what ever they want about other members.
Not acceptable IMO.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Agree with Troch. Many fanboys on here that can say anything to those that may question Dish (Dish can do no wrong - if you have an issue it's probably you're fault). The treatment bluegras receives is awful and he loves Dish! Just think if he had a beef with them. I used to support this site but stopped after reading the posts from the kneepad crowd. In the end it's only TV. I've canceled my Dish sub effective March 30 and won't be browsing these forums any longer so that's one less "hater' to put up with. Fanboys rejoice!

Agree with Troch. Many fanboys on here that can say anything to those that may question Dish (Dish can do no wrong - if you have an issue it's probably you're fault). The treatment bluegras receives is awful and he loves Dish! Just think if he had a beef with them. I used to support this site but stopped after reading the posts from the kneepad crowd. In the end it's only TV. I've canceled my Dish sub effective March 30 and won't be browsing these forums any longer so that's one less "hater' to put up with. Fanboys rejoice!

Did it ever dawn on you that the people who come here to help others and exchange information are sick and tired of the continuous rants, whining and crying about the 'scam' and 'rip off' that DISH is perpetuating because they charge for their service. There are a certain few who think they have to right to troll, name call, personally attack and carry on like 8 year olds. Much like you just did with this post.

Good riddance.

some good channels i like watching with flex

i like id tv
justice tv *with latino bonus pack*
tnt, tbs, national geographic. travel.
history. life time movie network. syfy
tcm *love that channel.
got to have sirius radio when i am mood
that playboy channel *anyone seen the stash. hmm its good reminds me of the soup back in the 90s when that guy who host it.
comedy central.
i sort of watch some of these channels through the month then catch up on other channels in flex pack and variety.
movie theaters to far away from where i live. ..
i check out disney xd once in while too.
watching a free preview of american heroes network.
would like to see *a add on for the science channel, american heroes network, bbc america, and at least 2 more channels for 10 bucks.

Reactions: pattykay
I just switched to flex from AT120+ a few days ago. I went to Flex and the Kids addon. I'm saving $20 / month and I still get the channels for all my recordings plus a few extra channels we didn't get before. During football and basketball season I will add the sports pack and possibly the regional pack depending on what channels my teams are playing on. At worst, I'd be paying what I was paying before, but during the off season I'm saving money.

Flex is not for everyone. For me, I would lose too much and if I added every add on, I would pay more and a lot of channels would be missing. My only gripe is that is no way to get BBC World and the VH1 channels without Flix. Those channels should be added to AT250 or at least me in an inexpensive add on package

We (my wife and I) changed a couple of months ago - just before they raised the rates - to flex plus locals and the sports package, and our bill dropped over $30 per month. So far we haven't missed any of the channels at all but once football season gets here I will be adding the regional sports pack which is another $10 per month.
What I did before changing was make a list of all the channels we had recording timers on, then compare the networks to what was included on the flex package. I was surprised to find we only lost one program and my wife and I agreed we can live without it.
So now we can afford to go out to eat one more time each month!

We (my wife and I) changed a couple of months ago - just before they raised the rates - to flex plus locals and the sports package, and our bill dropped over $30 per month. So far we haven't missed any of the channels at all but once football season gets here I will be adding the regional sports pack which is another $10 per month.
What I did before changing was make a list of all the channels we had recording timers on, then compare the networks to what was included on the flex package. I was surprised to find we only lost one program and my wife and I agreed we can live without it.
So now we can afford to go out to eat one more time each month!

Some people get it, some don't and may never. Your approach is how to do it when making a comparison, including realizing you could add packs only for the time you need them.

Reactions: pattykay
When my bill got to the point of I'm not paying that much for TV anymore I put together a spreadsheet comparing what was included in at120/200/250 and the various flex and premium packages. After considering what we channels we watched and didn't watch we went with flex. Sure, I'm paying considerably more than $30 for programming but I'm getting what I want at I price that doesn't make me cringe too much. Flex (or anything for that matter) is not for everybody and equipment charges are still too high, but I'm happy and don't consider it a rip off. And it's the only way to get BBC world news.

It was a pain to build my own spreadsheet for comparison. I know companies do not want to make things convenient (grocer puts eggs, milk and butter at the back of the store).
But, aside from the premiums, I can only think of WGN and its one or fewer shows they have (I liked Manhattan, but it was canceled) that I miss.
There's still a boatload of bloat I can do without. I took the locals and Fox news pack (that's all it is really, fnc and fbn. Nobody watches blaze or msnbc that will admit to it).
I think I could do without the locals, but my wife can't.
If I was dead certain my WISP Internet provider would still be around and increase bandwidth (getting about 3 Mbps) I'd cut the cord.
Saved about $100 a month.

Reactions: Tony S
Unless I am missing something I can't get NBCSN or the NHL channel via Flex so staying with the conventional plan. I just go on "vacation" when they aren't playing hockey.

I noticed the same thing. I was on a call with a DISH tech when I got my new card for my 722k and while making small talk waiting for the card to register, I mentioned it and he submitted my request for NBCSN and NHL Network in Flex. I'm moving to Flex when hockey season is over and saving $40 a month.

Dish should make a pack of NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB networks in 1 pack.

Flex is not for everyone. For me, I would lose too much and if I added every add on, I would pay more and a lot of channels would be missing. My only gripe is that is no way to get BBC World and the VH1 channels without Flix. Those channels should be added to AT250 or at least me in an inexpensive add on package
i see vh1 twice on flex pack. wonder why there are two vh1 channels on there though

Several VH1 channels were added to Flex pack that are not in the AT packs. There are VH1 Country, VH1 Soul, and others. They are available via cable and have been for years here.

Flex pack is great for me. I don't watch sports, nor do I watch local networks. My favorite channels are AMC, FX, TCM, Food Network, and Weather Nation. I also have Netflix, which later picks up a few network shows that might be worth watching like American Crime from ABC.

Reactions: Tampa8 and KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts