Is FTA back?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AliceT

Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
california
Hi, I had gotten into FTA just over a year ago and only had it a few months before it was "lost". I have a VS Ultra Lite and a VS Pro...does anyone know if they can be used or am I stuck with useless junk now? My husband and I REALLY miss FTA.

Thanks,
Alice

When did free to air leave? Damn I didnt know that........ :rolleyes:

if that is true then what is all these cool channels I see on my Coolsat 5000 and 36" dish when I fire it up each day?

Hi, I had gotten into FTA just over a year ago and only had it a few months before it was "lost". I have a VS Ultra Lite and a VS Pro...does anyone know if they can be used or am I stuck with useless junk now? My husband and I REALLY miss FTA.

Thanks,
Alice

As stated by wescopc, what you are referring to is NOT FTA but satellite piracy. FTA never left but satellite piracy did when Dish Network upgraded the security used to encrypt their channels. However, you can still use your Viewsat receivers by getting a 30 inch or larger dish with linear KU band LNBF for KU band FTA only or a 6 foot or larger dish for both C and Ku band FTA. Available channels are listed at SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList

As stated by wescopc, what you are referring to is NOT FTA but satellite piracy. FTA never left but satellite piracy did when Dish Network upgraded the security used to encrypt their channels. However, you can still use your Viewsat receivers by getting a 30 inch or larger dish with linear KU band LNBF for KU band FTA only or a 6 foot or larger dish for both C and Ku band FTA. Available channels are listed at SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList

You're wasting your time. The OP is only interested in stealing, not true FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts