Is it compatible?

H2Guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
Santa Fe
My current configuration is now two 922 receivers and a 211k on a Dish 500 dish. When I go camping I take the 211k from my home and use it with my Playmaker dual.

When I purchased the Playmaker dual for the RV it came with a Wally which I have used before when I was to lazy to disconnect the 211k, I know when I switch from the Wally to the 211k I have to do all kinds of switch tests to get it to work. I no I can't use the 211k and the Wally on each TV, so I came up with the next idea:

Now the question, if I move the 211k to be used with a second TV in the RV with dual 211k's (which I know works) could I use the Wally in my home in place of the 211k or would it need a different antenna on will it not peacefully co-exist with the 922's.

Or will Dish give me the sob story that Wally is a new receiver and wont work with my old antenna or with a 922? This all use to be so much easier before dish ever released the Kangaroo line lol.

A Wally will work fine on the same technology a 922 runs off of (Dish Pro Plus). As a matter of fact, the Wally’s second tuner will enable itself when connected to a DPP signal, it just won’t do much unless you hook up an external hard drive and have paid the $40 DVR enabling fee sometime in the past (even if the fee was paid for the 211, it will still cover the Wally as well).

(even if the fee was paid for the 211, it will still cover the Wally as well).

Well thats great to know, so if I have an active 211k on my account and I want to switch it over to the wally that currently shows powered down I can switch them out and they will transfer the EHD from the 211 to the Wally at no charge, nice! That way I could just leave the 211's for the RV which will work much better for me!

Well thats great to know, so if I have an active 211k on my account and I want to switch it over to the wally that currently shows powered down I can switch them out and they will transfer the EHD from the 211 to the Wally at no charge, nice! That way I could just leave the 211's for the RV which will work much better for me!
The EHD for your 211 will work only on your 211. You can add the Wally to your account and and a new EHD to it and it will work without additional charge. If you attempt to attach your 211 EHD to your Wally it will require you to format that drive and you will lose anything on it. Bottom line, you can add a new EHD to the Wally and have all the advantages that you have with the 211 and continue those advantages with the 211 at the same time.

Thanks for that, I have lots of friends that have used Wally's in their RV and have nothing but grief with them, the general consensus is they cant take the vibration and wear and tear of being of the road. I imagine using the Wally in my house I could take the 211 and permanently install it with the other 211 in the RV. The Wally should work just fine in the house and I actually prefer the menu system better on it than the 211. All I need to do is grab an EHD for the home Wally not a big deal. I just didn't want to have to pay another fee to have the EHD enabled on the Wally and from what your saying I wont. Good deal and I free up the 211 for use in the RV.