Is it harder to move on D* then E*

bsakoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
VA.
Thinking of switching to D* but was wondering if it is as easy to "move" with D* as it is with E*?:confused:

I've heard D* was a bit stricter, but I cannot say for sure as I don't have experience "moving" with them. It can't get a whole lot easier than using online chat with E* though. I'm also interested to see if anyone has experience "moving" with D*.

Except for the LA and NYC locals for the major four networks all the other locals are on spot beams. You can get either one of those cities for DNS if you qualify, you need to go to the DirecTV web site and plug in the address for where you want to 'move' to and see what you'd get, but it's rare that you'll qualify.

Except for the LA and NYC locals for the major four networks all the other locals are on spot beams. You can get either one of those cities for DNS if you qualify, you need to go to the DirecTV web site and plug in the address for where you want to 'move' to and see what you'd get, but it's rare that you'll qualify.

D* does OTA not by scanning for local OTA like E* but by zip. So they will move your OTA too. So with them, you can only get LA/NYC locals Conus if you're outside the 120-180 mile spotbeam.

D* does OTA not by scanning for local OTA like E* but by zip. So they will move your OTA too. So with them, you can only get LA/NYC locals Conus if you're outside the 120-180 mile spotbeam.

Ah, I like it when a E* customer tells us how D* hardware works, which in this case is incorrect.

It's true that D* doesn't do a scan for ATSC OTA channels but uses a table/file/whatever to determine what channels you get. The ATSC OTA channels in the guide is determined by what zip code you put in for a primary and secondary market in the antenna setup. The box will then set up your guide with the ATSC channels for that zipcode. This is totally different then what you get for DNS channels, the two have no bearing on each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)