Is it just me?

seandudley said:
You can pick up booster/splitters at Radio Shack and probably other electronics stores.

thanks for your help! i'll be running a direct line after work today. i'll pick up the booster/splitter on the way home. much appreciated!

Im not an expert but I have amplified, split and then diplexed my OTA signal with 2 sat lines going to 2 rooms with D* and V* for the past two years with diplexers splitting the signals at the recievers as well. The part about not being able to amplify OTA and then combine with sat signals is probably crap IMO.

bcshields said:
It's true, most Dish techs don't know squat about OTA unless they learned it from a previous profession, or on their own. So you may have to fiddle with the antenna in order to get your locals back.

Isn't that the truth......when the TWO installers showed up to hookup my 2 dish 500s, they were both wondered what my Squareshooter was. One of them didn't believe that I could get local HD with it!!

The same guy spoke reams (and he wouldn't stop) about this and that "technology" like he personally built the Dish network himself.

They left tools (a 3 foot masonry bit and pliers) in my backyard. Of course they were all decked out in their Dish finery and fancy vans. I was so glad when they left. I won't go into my issues with the troubleticket and service call. I am still mad.

vurbano said:
Im not an expert but I have amplified, split and then diplexed my OTA signal with 2 sat lines going to 2 rooms with D* and V* for the past two years with diplexers splitting the signals at the recievers as well. The part about not being able to amplify OTA and then combine with sat signals is probably crap IMO.

wow how narrow minded... E* has issues with diplexing.. the fact that you can not pass power on the ota side of E* diplexors completely eliminates sending power to the antenna other than having the power inserted after the diplexor...

didn't get a chance to run the dedicated line from the ota to my 942, but did some looking around and found.... diplexers everywhere!!!! good lord man. looks like i'll be doing some wire pulling this weekend. fun fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)