Is it NetFlix, or just Dish's implementation of NetFlix?

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
We were watching a NetFlix movie tonight on the Hopper 3. It was quite good, so I was looking forward to reading the credits to see the people and production companies involved.

As the movie ended and the credits began to roll, the picture became a tiny box in the top corner, with the rest of the screen showing a suggestion for what to watch next.

I don't remember ever seeing NetFlix do that before, but this is the first time I've used it on the Hopper.

We were watching a NetFlix movie tonight on the Hopper 3. It was quite good, so I was looking forward to reading the credits to see the people and production companies involved.

As the movie ended and the credits began to roll, the picture became a tiny box in the top corner, with the rest of the screen showing a suggestion for what to watch next.

I don't remember ever seeing NetFlix do that before, but this is the first time I've used it on the Hopper.
I am a credits nut and want to see who did what, which songs are used etc.

I learned you can "click" up until you are at the little PIP and select that. It will expand and you can then watch the credits.

Yep, this happens on my Apple TV and Sony Bravia as well.

I can attest it happens on every single device I have used with Netflix, My TV, Roku, Tivo. In fact even two years ago when we tried Netflix it did that on Roku and you can find posts about it dating to at least back to 2013. Sometimes I have been able to do as suggested above to get it bigger but it doesn't always seem to work.

Got it, thanks.

Prior to getting the Hopper my Netflix device was a jailbroken AppleTV 2nd generation with an ancient firmware. Guess the Netflix on that never got updated either.

This is the "new" Netflix interface. By "new", it's going on 2+ years of being like this. Our smart TV has the Netflix app and at this point, it's safe to say it will never get updated, and it runs the old app that shows things they way you describe (or want).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts