Is it normal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually I have it on the top of my entertainment center but it is over my stereo... maybe that could be the cause...

As far as my own personal experience (three different 522s, several months of use, pretty close scrutiny) I've never seen the fan come on out of the blue. It only does it for a few short moments when the unit reboots. So I would agree that you might be having heat/airflow issues. But like Simon said; at least it sounds like it's working if your stereo is what's causing the extra heat. When I first got mine I thought the fan was broken because it never came on except for reboots. I was thinking of it like a computer where the fan always runs. :D

You've only had your 522 a short time, haven't you ?? Give it a few weeks and you'll swear the fan doesn't run anymore.... :)

hall said:
You've only had your 522 a short time, haven't you ?? Give it a few weeks and you'll swear the fan doesn't run anymore.... :)

LOL. I can't figure out if that's a shot at Dish or not. Are you saying he'll just get used to the fan, or are you saying something else? :p

I've had a 522 since Feb or March. When we first got it, we'd be in the other room eating dinner or something and it would wind up, either the HDD or the fan. We thought, that's odd, we're not using it....

It's now August and I'm confident the 522 still "winds up" ..... but we don't hear it anymore. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)