Is it possible that I am picking up Nimiq 1 and not 4 with my 6 foot dish?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
As some of you might have read. I can get most transponders on 91 with a 6 foot dish.

I noticed that Nimiq 1 is also located at 91 as a backup satellite.

Is it possible that there is signal on 91, but it is weak. Is it possible that it has almost the same footprint that it had before , except very weak?

Before someone tells me that it is impossible to get 91 on the VA/NC border.... look at my pics from previous posts. I did it with a 6 foot fiberglass offset .

No, only Nimiq 6 is broadcasting from 91. Nimiq 4 is at 82.

Pretty sure that is correct anyway.....

Don't forget there is a Galaxy bird at 91 as well but that should not be received with a Circular LNBF.

At least you can get something. I used to watch Nimiq 91 until they blacked out Fresno and Tulare. Don't know why that happened. Unless they were told to from Dish and Directv. They come in here fine.

At least you can get something. I used to watch Nimiq 91 until they blacked out Fresno and Tulare. Don't know why that happened. Unless they were told to from Dish and Directv. They come in here fine.

They just re-focused their satellite beams up closer to the Canadian border. Before they would go all the way down to Florida for their "snowbirds".

Well...Nimiq 1 is parked there also. N6 is the main, but is it possible that N1 puts off just enough for me to get some signal in my 6 foot offset?

I swung my 1.2m Off-set to 91 and see nothing other than Nimiq 6. No active transponders are reported on Nimiq 1 at all.

It had nothing to do with Dish and DTV telling them anything! They put up a new sat that was made for Canada not for all of N. Am. like the old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts