Is it possible to have my receiver kept in another room (with my current remote tv)

wombatsmom

Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
lansing
I'm currently set up with my receiver hooked up to my HD tv in the living room and another SD tv operating as the remote tv in the bedroom. Having the receiver just hanging down from my living room tv with wires and cords is a drag. Is there anyway to make my bedroom SD tv be the nearby tv just so the receiver can be out of view here in my living room? T

If the dish receiver is an hd receiver and you want it to continue sending an hd signal to your living room tv, your receiver will need to stay next to your living room tv. Maybe reducing cables by eliminating component cables with an hdmi cable will help with the clutter if the tv has an hdmi input.

If the receiver is a standard definition receiver, then you can have it in either room, but you will need a tech to do some minor changes with the way your system is wired to work that way.

Yeah haha. Some people do that, but it's tough to run Hdmi if tv2 is in a room on a different floor or something to that effect. Instead of eliminating cables, it would just add to the mess because instead of cord(s) running from the rack above your tv to the tv, you'd be running cord(s) from your bedroom to your living room tv.

Another option would be to hide the receiver near tv1 in a cabinet or something ensuring there is enough breathing room. Then using a UHF remote, allowing to you to close the cabinet, you could operate the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts