Is it possible to lease THREE dual tuner HD-DVR's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AdamGott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
I know that Dish claims to have a four tuner limit but I think I read in these forums that some have been successful getting a third two tuner HD DVR. I have two 622's now and am out of contract so I was hoping to score the new dual tuner receiver when it is released. I want to add a third HDTV to my collection but I don't want to feed it with crappy Dish SD from a 622.

Any ideas?

I know that Dish claims to have a four tuner limit but I think I read in these forums that some have been successful getting a third two tuner HD DVR. I have two 622's now and am out of contract so I was hoping to score the new dual tuner receiver when it is released. I want to add a third HDTV to my collection but I don't want to feed it with crappy Dish SD from a 622.

Any ideas?

I think some have reported being able to do so. I believe they may have had to go through the CEO office. Being out of contract will probably help, but I'd guess they'd want you to commit for 24 months.

I think some have reported being able to do so. I believe they may have had to go through the CEO office. Being out of contract will probably help, but I'd guess they'd want you to commit for 24 months.

I also suspect it would be easier to ask for one of the older 622/722 boxes. Those new ones will be hot stuff. Dish was rather inflexible with the 622 when it first came out.

I'm one of the folks who recently posted about getting a third receiver. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/158701-hd-tuner-count-limits.html. I already had two leased 622s and just got my 722 last week. Check the thread, but in my case, I wrote to CEO@Dishnetwork.com and based on their criteria, I qualified. I don't think everyone will automatically be approved, I spend about $110 per month with Dish and have been with them almost since they started. They offered a 722, not the k, but I would have settled for a 622 if that's all they offered.

Last edited:
Two 722's, and one 612....all leased. Didn't email CEO, but I did finagle things a bit by explaining to a CSR that I needed an EA install, and as such, was willing to forfeit my owned 501 in lieu of a leased 612 AND a 24-month contract extension